Drug and alcohol use at Princeton High School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-257q

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 25 2015, 10:18 am EDT    Post subject: Drug and alcohol use at Princeton High School Reply with quote

There's an interesting set of articles on drug use in the latest copy of the PHS student paper. In addition to interviews, they surveyed students with 700 respondents which is about half the student body which a great sample size.

87% have consumed alcohol by 12th grade, and almost half have by 9th grade. 49% have smoked marijuana. 25% have tried smoking.

I would be curious how this compares to the national average. Interesting that marijuana experimentation is twice as high as cigarettes.
anon-257q

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 25 2015, 10:33 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Drug and alcohol use at Princeton High School Reply with quote

anon-257q wrote:
Interesting that marijuana experimentation is twice as high as cigarettes.

No pun intended.
anon-24nn

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 25 2015, 4:36 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Drug and alcohol use at Princeton High School Reply with quote

In other words, high school aged kids are experimenting with drugs and alcohol. Was a survey needed to tell us that?
anon-052s

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 28 2015, 7:00 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Drug and alcohol use at Princeton High School Reply with quote

It would be interesting to survey the parents about their behaviors over the last 4 years to see if the percentages are in alignment.
Who would of thought-460s

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 29 2015, 6:12 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Drug and alcohol use at Princeton High School Reply with quote

I'm really suprised high school kids have tried drugs and alcohol. What's this world coming to? Sad
anon-sp0n

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 30 2015, 10:19 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Drug and alcohol use at Princeton High School Reply with quote

Jokes aside, I get asked all the time by Cranbury School parents who know I have kids at the high school what the situation is there with drugs and drinking. It exists at every school but some far more than others and they hear rumors and want to set their expectations. Seeing a survey that is specific to Princeton High School and not generic to the country or state is certainly useful for answering that question next time.
Pintado46

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 29 2017, 12:33 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Drug and alcohol use at Princeton High School Reply with quote

Information is quite helpful. Took my uncle to virginia opiate addiction treatment recently. Got instant treatment and impressed with the latest test facilities provided. All have seen drastic change in his behavior and is also enjoying sound health.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> School | Parenting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1