Mr. Haney Resigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 30 2010, 4:03 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mr. Haney Resigns Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
And I hope they realize the library does not have a safety issue and was created to support the nonexistent need for a new library by using the childrens saftey to scare everyone.
y

I take most people at their word. I see no reason to think that the school did not believe there was a safety issue. I see two problems with your theory. One, why would the school want a new library built. Two, if they did why would they agree to sign a lease with the library?

One point one, the school has wanted the library out for a while in order to make the space their own. That is no secret and the BOE in the past has made comments public and private about wanting the space.

One point two, they signed the lease because there was a means to getting revenue. The lease has a clause in it that allows for it to stop if the library gets their own space.

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 30 2010, 4:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mr. Haney Resigns Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I happen to know of three incidents that happened in the library that could be seen as unsafe. One was a man who was acting strangely and somehow got into the school from the library. Secondly, there was another person for some reason was offering candy to the children during the school day. Recently, there was an incident when someone was viewing a website that another person thought was inappropriate. The police were called and it was determined that no crime had taken place....
But the public library is a public place and anyone can come in. It is also part of the school. I think John Haney was right in trying to make the school a safer place.

The Library has been a public place since its inception, nothing has changed cept for false hysteria. Even the school is a public place and anyone can walk in, hopefully there are adults in both that monitor these actions. Your young munchkins and any adult can bring up an inappropriate website, there should be library rules and monitoring programs on those computers that would alert someone in library if inappropriate websites are viewed and appropriate actions taken if its a child or adult breaking the rules of computer use in a public place. Oh by the way, your Cranbury park, and tennis courts and basketball courts, and base ball fields, etc are all public places with your type of hysteria we should ban all adults from those places as well since its a security concern. Oh brother.

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 30 2010, 5:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mr. Haney Resigns Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I happen to know of three incidents that happened in the library that could be seen as unsafe. One was a man who was acting strangely and somehow got into the school from the library. Secondly, there was another person for some reason was offering candy to the children during the school day. Recently, there was an incident when someone was viewing a website that another person thought was inappropriate. The police were called and it was determined that no crime had taken place....
But the public library is a public place and anyone can come in. It is also part of the school. I think John Haney was right in trying to make the school a safer place.

The Library has been a public place since its inception, nothing has changed cept for false hysteria. Even the school is a public place and anyone can walk in, hopefully there are adults in both that monitor these actions. Your young munchkins and any adult can bring up an inappropriate website, there should be library rules and monitoring programs on those computers that would alert someone in library if inappropriate websites are viewed and appropriate actions taken if its a child or adult breaking the rules of computer use in a public place. Oh by the way, your Cranbury park, and tennis courts and basketball courts, and base ball fields, etc are all public places with your type of hysteria we should ban all adults from those places as well since its a security concern. Oh brother.

The school is not a public place and everyone cannot walk in. During the day the doors are locked the only way in is through the office and you have to be buzzed in.

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 2 2010, 9:26 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mr. Haney Resigns Reply with quote

And more word on why he resigned yet?

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 3 2010, 2:28 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mr. Haney Resigns Reply with quote

Good Riddance

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 3 2010, 4:01 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mr. Haney Resigns Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Good Riddance

That was useful.
guest123

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 3 2010, 6:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mr. Haney Resigns Reply with quote

I spoke to one of the teachers and he/she said that they were told that he was leaving for another job. Did anyone go to the board meeting last night?

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 28 2011, 5:29 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mr. Haney Resigns Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Why, I remember old Principal Cruickshank back in 1897.
He took a hickory switch to our bottoms everyday of the week, whether we deserved it or no.
And we LOVED him fer it.
Ya don't git thet kinda love no more from Principals nowadays.
Your just upset cause you don't know who that is.
anonymous 088

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 19 2015, 6:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mr. Haney Resigns Reply with quote

Does anyone know the reason why John Haney resigned in 2010? Was there some controversy?
anon-8r02

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 21 2015, 11:17 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Mr. Haney Resigns Reply with quote

anonymous 088 wrote:
Does anyone know the reason why John Haney resigned in 2010? Was there some controversy?

Seriously, why dredge this up years later? What's the point? He doesn't live or work in the community and we've had years under different school leadership since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> School | Parenting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2