Republic trash removal price increase
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleanup-nrq6

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:19 am EST    Post subject: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

My three month charge from Republic Services for trash removal (96 gal, 2x wk.) just up from $85.68 to $106.68. Anybody getting a better deal than this?
anon-310p

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 18 2016, 8:28 am EST    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

My 1-pickup per week fees went up from $68.18 to $81.93, an increase of 20%!

I am ready to switch to a cheaper provider.
anon-4o47

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 22 2016, 11:32 am EST    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

We are paying $130.68 per quarter 2x per week 64 gallon
anon-nrq6

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 22 2016, 1:31 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

I called Republic and they reduced my rate below my original rate - and they were very nice about it. It must be a very competitive market
anon-011q

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 22 2016, 6:46 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

anon-nrq6 wrote:
I called Republic and they reduced my rate below my original rate - and they were very nice about it. It must be a very competitive market

Thanks for the info.

I'll call them tomorrow. Very Happy
anon-011q

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 23 2016, 5:03 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

Called them and they increased my payment by $4.
anon-8p53

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 24 2016, 9:29 am EST    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

anon-011q wrote:

WHAT?! I never heard of a company who raised your rate during a customer service call. I guess they figured you don't have any other options.
anon-011q

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 25 2016, 11:09 am EST    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

anon-8p53 wrote:
anon-011q wrote:

WHAT?! I never heard of a company who raised your rate during a customer service call. I guess they figured you don't have any other options.

My fee increase starting 01/2016 was about $14. I called and got it reduced to $4.

Sorry for the confusion.
anonymous235

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 1 2016, 8:46 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

Solare or Central Jersey Waste charges 60.00 a quarter for 1X a week 96 gallon. 771- 8005
anon-r073

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 6:17 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

Competition between companies is good for the consumer. A few years ago our Township Committee wanted to award a Township wide contract, eliminating competition, and adding a supplemental assessment cost to your tax bill. Had that proposal been successful individual homeowners would have no negotiation power as is described in these postings. We should all keep this example in mind for future considerations in individual control of taxpayer concerns.
anon-005q

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:34 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

Except my garbage fee would have been tax deductible like most towns and rate stable.

Further, after they did this both Central Jersey and Republic lowered their rates.
anon-835o

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 5:45 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Republic trash removal price increase Reply with quote

Good financial planning, you should ask for a reassessment to double your taxes, after all,you will get twice the deduction.

The TC would have eliminated the competition and the lowered rates described by the writers above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1