New Jersey Library construction bond act
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wtregyu123-pqr8

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 24 2017, 6:00 pm EDT    Post subject: New Jersey Library construction bond act Reply with quote

New to the town. I saw a lot of debates on the library here. Could someone please give me some idea what does this bond act mean? Thank you.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 24 2017, 8:10 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New Jersey Library construction bond act Reply with quote

The bond act if passed will provide state funding for libraries who are shovel ready, but do not have full funding. It will require matching contributions which the Cranbury Library has on hand.

It's passage does not mean Cranbury will be selectbe d as Camden and other cities have needs, but we have a chance. Honestly, I'd rather us get the money than Camden.
Privelaged-s47p

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 25 2017, 6:05 am EDT    Post subject: Re: New Jersey Library construction bond act Reply with quote

Get your nose out of the air. Camden needs all the help it can get. If you want a library then you pay for it don't sit back and wait for free money. Everybody wants something for free or wants someone to do it for them.
anon-nnp2

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 25 2017, 6:38 am EDT    Post subject: Re: New Jersey Library construction bond act Reply with quote

Do you really think Trenton will support Cranbury for library financial aid with all the other cities in the state with their hand out. All this library bond will do is raise your state taxes.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 25 2017, 6:39 am EDT    Post subject: Re: New Jersey Library construction bond act Reply with quote

anon-s6p5 wrote:
The bond act if passed will provide state funding for libraries who are shovel ready, but do not have full funding. It will require matching contributions which the Cranbury Library has on hand.

It's passage does not mean Cranbury will be selectbe d as Camden and other cities have needs, but we have a chance. Honestly, I'd rather us get the money than Camden.
Seriously? We already have a adequate library. A new library here is a want not a need.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 25 2017, 7:25 am EDT    Post subject: Re: New Jersey Library construction bond act Reply with quote

I don't see the bond act failing. But, if it does I am fine. If it does not then I'd much rather have Cranbury get the money than Camden or other cities. We already send a lot of money to these cities without Cranbury getting back a fair share. So yes, if money is out there I'd rather get it and see some return for my tax dollars. If that puts my nose in the air so be it. We're already forced to provide a ton of unfounded state mandates.
anon;oqs7-nnnp

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 3 2017, 8:57 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New Jersey Library construction bond act Reply with quote

Here is on thing you pro library folks need to get through your thick skulls. If the library Question on the ballot is approved yes we have a slight chance we in Cranbury, MIGHT get some of those dollars----However that possible approval will only lead to additional DEBT for the state that will cost us indirectly as taxpayers. Why would any sane taxpayers in this state choose to increase the debt load that already is unmanageable ? We are in such a bad financial state we need to stop spending not increase spending! VOTE NO
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 4 2017, 2:14 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New Jersey Library construction bond act Reply with quote

anon;oqs7-nnnp wrote:
Here is on thing you pro library folks need to get through your thick skulls. If the library Question on the ballot is approved yes we have a slight chance we in Cranbury, MIGHT get some of those dollars----However that possible approval will only lead to additional DEBT for the state that will cost us indirectly as taxpayers. Why would any sane taxpayers in this state choose to increase the debt load that already is unmanageable ? We are in such a bad financial state we need to stop spending not increase spending! VOTE NO

The bond act has very little chance of failing. It will likely be overwhelmingly approved. The hope is that we can at least get some of that money.

I do agree that this idea is bad overall policy given the state of debt in our state and likely large increase in debt over the next 5-10 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1