Halloween Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guest130-n6o0

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 2 2017, 7:35 pm EDT    Post subject: Halloween Night Reply with quote

Thanks to Cranbury police once again for a well patrolled town! The Cranbury kids and visitors greatly appreciated your travels up and down the roads with your flashers- and not just on Main Street.
Oblivious1-6n5r

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 9 2017, 6:39 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

Not to put a negative spin on a fluffy post but I just wanted to put out a little reality check. The fact is that there was a slew of vandalism on Halloween night and a lot of it was right in the heart of town. Large planters were dumped onto sidewalks, the light was broken off the refurbished water fountain on the bridge, vandalism to the firehouse etc. Check also the broken plate glass window next to diner in town. Before praising anyone for a job well done please check facts !
anon;oqs2-nnnp

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 9 2017, 11:02 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

My goodness--how dare you tarnish the Immaculate Image of CRANBURYLAND!!!! Tisk Tisk!
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 9 2017, 11:22 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

In my view yes there was damage, but on the other hand we're not a police state with an officer positioned every 10'. So while the damage is poor and reflective of the kids and their parents, I can't put 100% blame on the police for not stopping it.

The same time for the hours when most families were out and there was a lot of rush hour traffic the police did a great job traffic calming to increase safety for the kids and families.

I have no idea who did the damage, Cranbury kids or kids from other towns. However, I can say that as someone living on Main St. I love the activity of Halloween and all the kids coming by.
Christian1-6n41

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 11 2017, 12:19 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

Why don’t we do away with celebrating Halloween in Cranbury all together? It is already being done away with in some schools and only represents out dated pagan beliefs! Let’s get back to more positive pursuits.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 11 2017, 12:54 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

Christian1-6n41 wrote:
Why don’t we do away with celebrating Halloween in Cranbury all together? It is already being done away with in some schools and only represents out dated pagan beliefs! Let’s get back to more positive pursuits.

I will assume you're being honest and not a troll. Halloweeen is a great time. I am a very devout Presbyterian and do not see any conflict with my Christian beliefs. In fact our kids trick and treated at a four ministers homes this year. One a relative and three who live in town. They all participated. That schools are getting rid of Halloween parades to me is a sign of the PC crowd going too far to pacify a minority of individuals. These parents could opt out of their kids participating and use that opt out to teach their kids about their beliefs. Instead they impose their beliefs about not celebrating on others. A good friend is a Jehovah witness yet he never tries to impart his beliefs on us. We respect he doesn't do certain things and that is fine.
anon-051p

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 28 2017, 6:01 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

Maybe if the cops did not vanish from town after the trick or treating was over with this would not have happened? Anyone who has ever driven through town late at night knows your chances of seeing an officer are slim to none....
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 28 2017, 8:40 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

anon-051p wrote:
Maybe if the cops did not vanish from town after the trick or treating was over with this would not have happened? Anyone who has ever driven through town late at night knows your chances of seeing an officer are slim to none....

Perhaps. But we're not a police state either with an officer in every corner.
Cran militia-6n50

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:28 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

The only place you’ll find a cop at night would be the police station. God forbid they miss an episode of dancing with the stars.
anon-4p58

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:43 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

As a long time resident of cranbury township I can sadly agree with the previous poster. I hate to give these trolls the time of day(because that is all they are looking for) but there is some truth to that statement. Now that matt Scott has been elected, hopefully things can change!!
anon-102q

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 29 2017, 11:59 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

Funny how they think our police are at the police station. Let me know who is even aware of where the police station is, because you know Cranbury is only Main Street. How would anybody even know where our police are at night. “Ok honey, I’m leaving now. Going to check where the cops are”.
anon-051p

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 30 2017, 6:33 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

anon-102q wrote:
Funny how they think our police are at the police station. Let me know who is even aware of where the police station is, because you know Cranbury is only Main Street. How would anybody even know where our police are at night. “Ok honey, I’m leaving now. Going to check where the cops are”.

At no point did anyone say the cops must be sitting in the station instead of patrolling Main St. The point was simply that late at night, the cops are no where to be found....
The police is station is on Station Road on the other side of 130. Before that, located where the Public Works department is currently. Don't flatter yourself. We are not as dumb as you may like to think. We all know Cranbury does not only consist of Main Street. However, no matter what time of day it is, you should not be able to get away with doing 50 mph down Main st. This happens constantly at night because there are no cops in sight after 11pm.
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 30 2017, 11:41 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

anon-051p wrote:
anon-102q wrote:

At no point did anyone say the cops must be sitting in the station instead of patrolling Main St. The point was simply that late at night, the cops are no where to be found....
The police is station is on Station Road on the other side of 130. Before that, located where the Public Works department is currently. Don't flatter yourself. We are not as dumb as you may like to think. We all know Cranbury does not only consist of Main Street. However, no matter what time of day it is, you should not be able to get away with doing 50 mph down Main st. This happens constantly at night because there are no cops in sight after 11pm.

I think people are looking at the day and night shifts in the same manner.

During the day there is a chief, two lts, and a 3 member patrol shift on duty, plus two detctives. There is also a lot of activity going on at the warehouses.

At night most warehouses are closed up as are businesses. There is also often as I understand it two officers on duty most times though there is a 3 man standard patrol. 2 on duty due to not wanting to use OT if possible.

So those officers are doing vehicle patrols in a wider area and may be less visible as a matter of a lower number of people.

If you look at the TC notes you'll see a number of DWIs and other infractions that are typical to night so the officers are on patrol.

The same thing for residents. At night we're in our home and not out as much to see patrol cars.

Now, the easy solution is to add more officers so there is more night coverage, but that costs money and impacts taxes.

I understand that Halloween had a lot of cars on patrol up until 8pm and then OT was not justified after. Whether that is true or not I do cannot say.
That’s B.S-sp4p

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 1 2017, 6:09 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

That’s BS that you can’t say. Obviously your a TC member or a police officer to know all that information. Why not have only 2 patrol officers on during the day since there are all those other important people working during the day to help out. That way you could have 3 officers at night without having to worry about overtime. No sense in paying 1 officer to patrol Teddy’s !!
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 1 2017, 7:35 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

That’s B.S-sp4p wrote:
That’s BS that you can’t say. Obviously your a TC member or a police officer to know all that information. Why not have only 2 patrol officers on during the day since there are all those other important people working during the day to help out. That way you could have 3 officers at night without having to worry about overtime. No sense in paying 1 officer to patrol Teddy’s !!

A few years ago the TC looked at cutting officers. There was a big meeting and the chief and TC explained all of this to those who attended.

There was also a presentation about 6 years ago by the former chief in the large group room explaining the same and showing video footage of an officer nearly being jumped during a warehouse break in. If people saw agendas and went to meetings or read notes it would be easy to be informed.

All you have to do is attend a meeting and read the notes to understand what goes on. I am trying to explain to you what was discussed.

The standard shift is 3 officers at night. If one calls out they often operate with 2. But they would have 4 under your suggestion. So you are saying only have two officers during the day and 4 at night. Yet during the day is when people are out and traffic issues are at their worst and when residents are impacted the most. The other roles are I bet due to a lot of paperwork and state mandates placed upon the town. Don't know though. So you may see a lot driving through town, it it is unlikely he's doing a speed patrol.

The only resolution is more officers, but the TC is trying not to raise our taxes.
anon-102q

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 1 2017, 10:13 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

The majority of the time there is only 2 officers working day and night. Just simply stop and have a conversation with an officer. They will tell you who is working. The tc doesn’t want to raise taxes then this is the coverage that we have to accept. I for one do not think it’s acceptable. Hightstown has the same number of officers on duty and they are 1 sq mile town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2