Halloween Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pork roll egg and ch-s07s

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 1 2017, 12:25 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

It’s not how many officers are on duty it’s what they’re dong when they are on. I realize everyone is entitled to a break but the police prescence in Teddy’s does not help enforce laws in town!!
BS-sp15

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 1 2017, 12:29 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

The warehouses are open at night also so an officer has just about the same chance of being jumped. At least during the day if something bad happens you have a Cheif ( sometimes) 2 lieutenants and 2 detectives that can back up the officers.Who do they have for backup at night? So my thought is you should have 4 officers at night in case 1 calls out you would still have 3. You wouldn’t need to hire more officers.
anon-05qr

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 1 2017, 7:08 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

Many warehouses are closed at night. Yes Amazon and some others may be open. But many others are closed and not 24 hr operations.

If you have 2 officers on duty during the day and one is on crossing duty then that other officer has to hope the others are available to respond and help. Plus, any time that second officer calls out sick or goes on vacation it creates an automatic OT for another officer to come in which I am sure will raise costs.

If it were there were an easy answer then I am sure the TC and Chief would have found it when they were looking at cutting police.
anon-05qr

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 1 2017, 7:11 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

anon-102q wrote:
The majority of the time there is only 2 officers working day and night. Just simply stop and have a conversation with an officer. They will tell you who is working. The tc doesn’t want to raise taxes then this is the coverage that we have to accept. I for one do not think it’s acceptable. Hightstown has the same number of officers on duty and they are 1 sq mile town.

Hightstown has a lot more crime and issues than our town. So while one square mile they are dealing with a much different policing effort.

I do agree that I would like to see the old traffic patrol come back and we’re two officers below our peak of that time. But, unless people organize and go to a TC meeting it won’t happen.

The TC is trying to balance finances and employees cost money.
anon;oqs6-nnnp

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 1 2017, 8:58 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

I remember when Chief Logan kept this entire town in check. There were also times when there was only a day and night shift of one officer. Those were the days when the officers knew whose car was in whose driveway, and what lights were on, and when someone went on vacation. Those days are over. We now have a grossly overpaid police department due to soft negotiation practices by some TC members. They were soft on the demands of the officers. The Cranbury Police Department is better known as The Country Club; and it quite frankly is true. They are grossly overpaid for the service we receive.We really need a Civilian Police Director and not the usual chain of "Retire then get another high paid guy to take the chief spot then he quickly retires" Etc. Etc. Etc. this cost us a bundle then they go like Harry Klieinkauf to another state job and collect another salary and retirement package!!! Enough already!!!
anon-409p

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 1 2017, 9:23 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

It’s funny how everyone is an internet policing genius. And yet not one has any idea about police work unless they watch it on tv. Everyone knows better then the people doing it for the last 50 years.
Police director worked out well for hightstown. 2 lawsuits and they paid him to just leave.
anon-05qr

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 2 2017, 9:30 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

anon;oqs6-nnnp wrote:
I remember when Chief Logan kept this entire town in check. There were also times when there was only a day and night shift of one officer. Those were the days when the officers knew whose car was in whose driveway, and what lights were on, and when someone went on vacation. Those days are over. We now have a grossly overpaid police department due to soft negotiation practices by some TC members. They were soft on the demands of the officers. The Cranbury Police Department is better known as The Country Club; and it quite frankly is true. They are grossly overpaid for the service we receive.We really need a Civilian Police Director and not the usual chain of "Retire then get another high paid guy to take the chief spot then he quickly retires" Etc. Etc. Etc. this cost us a bundle then they go like Harry Klieinkauf to another state job and collect another salary and retirement package!!! Enough already!!!

Civilian police directors never work. Whether Hightstown or others the amount of issues that arise are numerous. Usually these are also former state or local employees who are on a second career and pension so your resolution of avoiding that is not accurate.

Second, the state mandates alone have changed the way policing works today. Then you add in we’re a much larger town and the policing is required.

If you look at Police salaries you will see Cranbury is in line with other towns. Look at meeting notes from around 2010. At the same meeting referenced above police wages were mentioned so it should be in there.

I do agree Cranbury is a much nicer and safer town to work than many other communities in our area and there is a value that should be placed on that benefit. It’s like working at Google vs a local IT business. Google has a value as a work place.
anon-9046

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 3 2017, 7:09 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

As a homeowner in the historic cranbury village on Main Street I can agree with both sides to this argument. Also as a business owner in the downtown shopping district as well as a long time supporter of the annual cranbury pancake breakfast, I find it funny how this person will not defend the Teddy’s argument.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 3 2017, 9:28 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

I can tell you based on the old cofffee with the Mayor, the TC has fully supported police being at Teddy's.

The feedback I heard (take it as you will):

- police being at Teddy's stay in town as opposed to going to lunch in other towns and being farther away from response.

- they hear more about what is going on in town if they are in Teddy's as opposed to wawa.

- they support a local business.

- just having a patrol car on Main st during their break slows traffic.

Remember police just like us in our work get breaks. They are allowed to eat and use their break time as they see fit. The difference is that their breakfast and lunch hour is more public than you or I in our work.
BS-4634

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 4 2017, 6:20 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

I agree with everything you said but it still doesn’t justify being at Teddy’s for 2-3 hours at a time. I don’t know of any job that gives a lunch break that long.
anon-102q

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 4 2017, 7:55 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

So you either were at Teddy’s for 2-3 hours yourself or sat somewhere and watched the cops for 2-3 hours. Both are highly unlikely.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 4 2017, 8:06 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

I am not sure how an officer could spend 2-3 hours at lunch. They certainly have job dutoes to perform. I also don’t know anyone who has the time to sit and monitor a police presence at Teddy’s for 2-3 hours.
Oprah-n561

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 5 2017, 5:53 am EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

That is my job

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 16 2017, 3:43 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

Eh for the most part people seem to like our police and appreciate the job they are doing. Someone mentioned when Chief Logan was chief. In actuality many of those officers particularly the ones you see in Teddys and downtown they do know \u201cwhat kind of car you drive\u201d, \u201cwho your kids are\u201d, etc.. so a lot of Chief Logan\u2019s values are present in the current officers. The salaries are at the low end of the spectrum. Officers in surrounding communities make more than Cranbury Officers. Considering that police salaries are more in line with the tax base then the crime rate this isn\u2019t bad. Towns like Jamesburg and Hightstown which have no Commercial ratables pay higher police salaries.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 16 2017, 4:56 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Halloween Night Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Eh for the most part people seem to like our police and appreciate the job they are doing. Someone mentioned when Chief Logan was chief. In actuality many of those officers particularly the ones you see in Teddys and downtown they do know \u201cwhat kind of car you drive\u201d, \u201cwho your kids are\u201d, etc.. so a lot of Chief Logan\u2019s values are present in the current officers. The salaries are at the low end of the spectrum. Officers in surrounding communities make more than Cranbury Officers. Considering that police salaries are more in line with the tax base then the crime rate this isn\u2019t bad. Towns like Jamesburg and Hightstown which have no Commercial ratables pay higher police salaries.

To add one point Chief Logan was in Teddy's and the deli quite a bit and people enjoyed that. When sadly the Chienf passed he did so while walking from his car to the deli to get his coffee.

Our Police are very vested in town. Does that mean every single one is great, no of course not. But our officers all do want to help the community.

In terms of Teddy's it is not all officers either that go there. A number do go to wags and crock a deli.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2