Terrible smell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 15 2017, 6:47 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Terrible smell Reply with quote

Picking my daughter up at school today the smell was very strong. In fact my daughter even commented how bad it was.

Unfortunately, I think this is a factor of zoning law. The town cannot stop businesses provided they are allowed uses. The result is this horrible stench.
anon-pp98

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 15 2017, 9:03 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Terrible smell Reply with quote

anon;op3-nnnp wrote:
Today Dec,15 2017 the smell permeates all of the town.again!!! It seems that no action has been taken. Does anyone know what can be done to rid us of this terrible smell?

Blue house North Main Street
anon.oq3s-nnnp

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 16 2017, 9:25 am EST    Post subject: Re: Terrible smell Reply with quote

As for the parent posting. The parents may be the force needed to get some action. If there is some sort of communication between the parents to make other parents aware of what the smell is [some sort of handout at school] and how it affects the quality of life; then maybe the town will take some action. If at least 3 individuals call the [county air pollution office 732 745-8480] on the same day or [DEP 609 584-4100]they will send out an inspector. It would also be wise to inform the township administrator every time you observe the obnoxious smell. Really, the parents as a group have the largest organized block of power in the town so don't waste your influence.You should research emissions from CONAGRA and the violations they have had throughout the country. Are you being exposed to something toxic? You decide if you want to take that chance?
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 16 2017, 10:07 am EST    Post subject: Re: Terrible smell Reply with quote

Per an earlier post it appears that Mr. Taylor has reached out and is working on the issue. Why not email him and ask for an update? I am sure his email is on the town website and you are more likely to get a response and update that way then simply raising a complaint here.

Whenever I have reached out to the TC I have gotten a response right away. May not be the answer I want, but I got an answer.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:51 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Terrible smell Reply with quote

Here is the process. The county needs to come out and actually smell the smell. They cannot simply do a site inspection by law.

I recommend you email Mr. taylor jtaylor@cranbury-nj.com when you smell the odor. The county will respond I am sure and take action.
anon-pp98

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 18 2017, 5:55 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Terrible smell Reply with quote

anon.oq3s-nnnp wrote:
As for the parent posting. The parents may be the force needed to get some action. If there is some sort of communication between the parents to make other parents aware of what the smell is [some sort of handout at school] and how it affects the quality of life; then maybe the town will take some action. If at least 3 individuals call the [county air pollution office 732 745-8480] on the same day or [DEP 609 584-4100]they will send out an inspector. It would also be wise to inform the township administrator every time you observe the obnoxious smell. Really, the parents as a group have the largest organized block of power in the town so don't waste your influence.You should research emissions from CONAGRA and the violations they have had throughout the country. Are you being exposed to something toxic? You decide if you want to take that chance?

When calling DEP let them know this is from the blue house on north main street
james m taylor

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 19 2017, 10:35 am EST    Post subject: Re: Terrible smell Reply with quote

I debated posting here as only person spoke with me a couple of weeks ago on this issue and I would much prefer if a resident has a concern that is they contact me directly so it can be discussed.

First, we have to be careful about the process. I spoke with the county and they have a means for measuring smell and for complaints.

The process is as follows:

- When a smell is noticed we must at that time notify the county. The easiest way to do this is to contact me at jtaylor@cranbury-nj.com. Or call town hall and they can call me.

- You can also upon noticing the smell call Mickey Gross who is the head of Middlesex County Enviornmental Health Division directly at 732 745 3817. Mr. Gross is aware of the issue, is a great helpn and will send someone out to investigate right away. He and I spoke as recently as last night.

The county cannot simply do a spot inspection. They must be alerted to the smell, then witness it and using a process determine the smell level there are 4 different levels.

Once they witness it they can then determine if a violation exists and cite the party if a citation is called for.

The fine is 2-3k per day so it can add up quickly.

The reason that this has not yet been addressed is that no one has smelled it in time to notify the county. I smelled it on Friday last week, but was not available to make a call to the county.
anon-42q6

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 19 2017, 12:28 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Terrible smell Reply with quote

OMG!!! Were all going to die, the smell is sooo bad! 😂😂😂😂
anon-1638

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 19 2017, 1:05 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Terrible smell Reply with quote

anon-42q6 wrote:
OMG!!! Were all going to die, the smell is sooo bad! 😂😂😂😂

So a TC member comes here and addresses an issue that seems a few people raise. Then someone posts above. No wonder they debated posting here.
anon; oqr3-nnnp

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 21 2017, 11:39 am EST    Post subject: Re: Terrible smell Reply with quote

It was excellent that Mr. Taylor made the effort to get the correct information out to the public. I can understand his reluctance to post here due to the whackos who throw stupid bombs and do not stick to the issues. It would be nice if the Township would post the same contact information in their emailings to residents so that the folks who experience the acrid smell ,but are unaware of what it is, can register their complaints as well.
Hats off to Mr. Taylor, he is the only committee member that has taken an interest in improving this unpleasant smell.Well Done!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2