Municipal Tax Cut
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 2 2019, 3:58 pm EST    Post subject: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

Per Dan Mulligan's FB page:

Cranbury Township budget meeting today, my ninth year of doing these. Good news, we agreed to a historic property tax cut for this years budget while still increasing our fire and first aid contributions as well as providing other services for our community. Details to follow, I will allow Mayor Taylor to provide specifics.
anon-41o8

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 3 2019, 8:07 am EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

I am curious as to what historic means. Granted I’ll take any cut, Mayor Taylor promised 1-2 cents in his campaign so I am guessing the TC agreed to give a two cent cut. That will be nice.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 3 2019, 8:50 am EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

anon-41o8 wrote:
I am curious as to what historic means. Granted I’ll take any cut, Mayor Taylor promised 1-2 cents in his campaign so I am guessing the TC agreed to give a two cent cut. That will be nice.

10 cents.
anon-41o8

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 3 2019, 10:27 am EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

If the above is true which would be something we’ve never seen and I doubt anyone in NJ has ever seen then this TC should stay as is for as long as they are willing to serve. They should all be re-elected with 100% of the vote.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 3 2019, 4:16 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

Well 3 of them should. The other 2 not so sure.
anon-41o8

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 4 2019, 8:41 am EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

Love this board. Pages on pages bashing TC members and at election time. Even a few pages post election from a troll wanting their money now and calling out the Mayor for promising a tax cut.

Then Jay leads the TC through what Dan highlights as a historic cut and if 10 cents would save me just under 700 annually and we have three real posts.
anon-s316

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 4 2019, 10:59 am EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
Well 3 of them should. The other 2 not so sure.

I agree with the poster. Time for Glenn and Dan to pack it in.
anon-41o8

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 4 2019, 2:14 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

Well if they did pack it i they would leave on a high note. They preserved farmland, resolved the affordable housing mandate, started the lake dredging process and voted on a historic tax cut. I don’t think any politician can leave on a higher note than that locally.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 4 2019, 7:35 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

The 10 cent cut is confirmed and it looks like the Tax rate will also be held flat through at least 2021. The average home will reduce their tax bill by $650 compared to last year. (Maybe our TC should pay a visit to Trenton).

http://www.cranburytownship.org/notices/Budget-Letter-2019.pdf
anon-rqsq

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 5 2019, 3:56 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

Great job thank you, Jay Dan and Glenn,
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 5 2019, 5:21 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

Does anyone know the actual vote for the budget? Was it unanimous? If not, who voted against it?
anon-0p83

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 5 2019, 7:43 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

I understand the agreement was 5-0. Jay proposed the 10 cents and the others agreed.
anon-0p82

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 6 2019, 8:36 am EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

If you go to the Cranbury Democrat Facebook page there is Mike’s presentation on De-Mystyifing Government. And there is a post about Cable TV and Bonnie’s watson Coleman. Nothing about the tax decrease the Dems made happen contrary to typically Dem generalizations of tax and spend. If a republican page everyone would be shouting from the hills.

I wonder if reading into things if the Democratic leaders are ticked at the rate decrease instead of spending the money or if this is because it was Jay’s position proven correct and Indivisible influence within the leadership. Indivisible was pushing for him to lose last year sand bagging him in the primary, then another write in at the general and instead he won, then he managed to get the TC to come together see Mike’s presentation (which I think is a great idea) after last year which seemed to be a big divide forming on the TC and indivisible gaining steam,and now a real decrease and savings for the residents. Indivisible took a large knock out punch locally which I think is good for Democrats in town like myself and all our other residents.
Mmm-499p

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 6 2019, 2:37 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

Quote:
ell 3 of them should. The other 2 not so sure.

Mmm. Thinking the original poster meant Mike and Matt.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 7 2019, 1:15 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

Mmm-499p wrote:
Quote:
ell 3 of them should. The other 2 not so sure.

Mmm. Thinking the original poster meant Mike and Matt.

No, they definitely meant Dan and Glenn. That is the resident Indivisible Troll. Mad because Jay made good on his promise to use the budget surplus to lower taxes, lashing out in the only way s/he can.

A disappointing effort though, that person usually trolls much harder. This particular post is barely a step above "I know you are but what am I"
anon-572n

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 7 2019, 1:30 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Municipal Tax Cut Reply with quote

anon-0p82 wrote:
If you go to the Cranbury Democrat Facebook page there is Mike’s presentation on De-Mystyifing Government. And there is a post about Cable TV and Bonnie’s watson Coleman. Nothing about the tax decrease the Dems made happen contrary to typically Dem generalizations of tax and spend. If a republican page everyone would be shouting from the hills.

I wonder if reading into things if the Democratic leaders are ticked at the rate decrease instead of spending the money or if this is because it was Jay’s position proven correct and Indivisible influence within the leadership. Indivisible was pushing for him to lose last year sand bagging him in the primary, then another write in at the general and instead he won, then he managed to get the TC to come together see Mike’s presentation (which I think is a great idea) after last year which seemed to be a big divide forming on the TC and indivisible gaining steam,and now a real decrease and savings for the residents. Indivisible took a large knock out punch locally which I think is good for Democrats in town like myself and all our other residents.

I agree. I wish Indivisible would just splinter off and form their own political party. They are not democrats, they are fringe lunatics riding the coattails of the democratic party fooling everyone into thinking they represent the majority just because they scream the loudest.

Take the lawn signs during the last election. Main Street was plastered with Ferrante signs, anyone driving through town would surely think he had the election in the bag. But what? He got fewer votes than Jay who didn't even have signs, and he just barely squeaked out a win over Wittman.

You see, folks? Just because a person relentlessly badgers all of his neighbors to post signs does NOT mean that they actually support him. Indivisible is all about optics to the detriment of the people they claim they want to represent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2