No solution to increased truck traffic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-8p9o

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 30 2019, 7:13 pm EDT    Post subject: No solution to increased truck traffic Reply with quote

More warehouses coming online. Penske truck facility coming to Route 130. Air equality decreases. Noise increases. Quality of life decreases.

What is the solution Mr. Mayor? Sending a lawyer to Monroe?

Giving a tax break to the rich that get richer? Or building that bridge that was planned but we can't afford?
anon-2394

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 30 2019, 9:35 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: No solution to increased truck traffic Reply with quote

Actually the tax break benefits the older long time residents who would not otherwise be able to stay here. It benefits younger families who aren’t as well off as some others in town. It also provides for things like the increase in police presence with traffic enforcement and the lake project. The control of additional housing has kept our school system small and manageable, unlike Monroe who’s brand new high school was already too small even before it opened. As much as there is a contingent of Petty Road residents that want a wider road there is a contingent of those who don’t. You can’t always please everyone. What has been done has been done for the benefit of the town as a whole for the long term. Yes there are some unfortunate side effects of that but overall the outcome will be more beneficial as a whole.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 30 2019, 10:03 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: No solution to increased truck traffic Reply with quote

The long term residents is key. If they can’t afford to stay here then they sell and we get kids. We need to be sure to help the older residents. As this town has changed we have people on the TC saying we can afford higher taxes spending. But not all can. Not everyone is making 500k a year it has two incomes. Older residents have fixed incomes and young parents are often house poor.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 1 2019, 1:09 pm EST    Post subject: Re: No solution to increased truck traffic Reply with quote

If you're a Cranbury resident, you're benefiting from from the tax breaks! I sure am enjoying it! I commuted from Cranbury through Monroe on Station Road for over 5 years, and I did not see the truck traffic everyone is talking about. I now travel that road as well as Halfacre Road a lot during the day, and I still don\u2019t see a lot of trucks coming from Monroe. I see them turning off of 130 onto these roads. It's more hype than truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1