Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
fyi



Joined: Thu, Aug 9 2012, 9:19 am EDT
Posts: 660

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 2 2019, 10:14 am EDT    Post subject: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo

http://www.cranburytownship.org/master-plan/Revisions-to-MP-Reexam-memo.pdf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anon-8sp4
Guest





PostPosted: Sun, Nov 3 2019, 10:24 am EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

Truck traffic is Regional, not just Local. Really, take a five minute ride to Robbinsville or Millstone, beautiful farmland as Cranbury once was. Stop listening to there out of town planners.
Back to top
anon-4223
Guest





PostPosted: Sun, Nov 3 2019, 12:04 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

Lol. Take a ride down N Main, Cranbury new, Old cranbury. We have preserved tremendous amounts of farmland and kept our character because of the funds from the warehouses.

Then drive around Rt 33 in Robbinsville, drive by the Amazon center there or drive around s Brunswick, Monroe, West windsor and see the housing and school issues. Ask Monroe about their School Superintendent saying they can’t deal with the growth and need state aid, s Brunswick, West Windsor or Robbinsville residents about their school taxes and growth. Cranbury has it much better than any of those towns. When faced with opportunities to preserve land the town has done it. When faced with development the town planners for 30 plus years have taken the choice that stops housing and provides revenue to buy the land.
Back to top
anon-q2r7
Guest





PostPosted: Sun, Nov 3 2019, 12:41 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

anon-4223 wrote:
Lol. Take a ride down N Main, Cranbury new, Old cranbury. We have preserved tremendous amounts of farmland and kept our character because of the funds from the warehouses.

Then drive around Rt 33 in Robbinsville, drive by the Amazon center there or drive around s Brunswick, Monroe, West windsor and see the housing and school issues. Ask Monroe about their School Superintendent saying they can’t deal with the growth and need state aid, s Brunswick, West Windsor or Robbinsville residents about their school taxes and growth. Cranbury has it much better than any of those towns. When faced with opportunities to preserve land the town has done it. When faced with development the town planners for 30 plus years have taken the choice that stops housing and provides revenue to buy the land.
Lol! Kept our character. That depends on what side of town you enter from. The new townhouses, Cranbury Greens, or the Warehouses on Station road have a lot of character. Now I understand you can’t stop progress, however don’t lie and say we have kept our character.
Back to top
anon-r5qq
Guest





PostPosted: Sun, Nov 3 2019, 12:59 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

There is no town in N.J. that has kept their “character” from 30+ years ago. It is impossible unless the area is 1 square mile and has been built from the beginning.
Back to top
anon-4223
Guest





PostPosted: Sun, Nov 3 2019, 1:26 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
anon-4223 wrote:
Lol. Take a ride down N Main, Cranbury new, Old cranbury. We have preserved tremendous amounts of farmland and kept our character because of the funds from the warehouses.

Then drive around Rt 33 in Robbinsville, drive by the Amazon center there or drive around s Brunswick, Monroe, West windsor and see the housing and school issues. Ask Monroe about their School Superintendent saying they can’t deal with the growth and need state aid, s Brunswick, West Windsor or Robbinsville residents about their school taxes and growth. Cranbury has it much better than any of those towns. When faced with opportunities to preserve land the town has done it. When faced with development the town planners for 30 plus years have taken the choice that stops housing and provides revenue to buy the land.
Lol! Kept our character. That depends on what side of town you enter from. The new townhouses, Cranbury Greens, or the Warehouses on Station road have a lot of character. Now I understand you can’t stop progress, however don’t lie and say we have kept our character.


Are we a small town? Do we have a HS and middle school? Do we elect the same 5 member TC or have we changed like other towns? Do we have a lot of preserved space? Is our historical society still valued? Our fire and first aid volunteer?

There is a difference between growth and character. We have not stopped growth because not every farmer or developer will sell their land to the Town. The town cannot mandate no growth. Though I am sure they would like too. But where growth has happened they have done their best over 30 years to limit the impact of that growth.
Back to top
anon-4os8
Guest





PostPosted: Sun, Nov 3 2019, 3:00 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

anon-8sp4 wrote:
Truck traffic is Regional, not just Local. Really, take a five minute ride to Robbinsville or Millstone, beautiful farmland as Cranbury once was. Stop listening to there out of town planners.


Robbinsville has an Amazon warehouse that generates far more traffic than ours, because it's lots of small packages versus large furniture items like ours. Amazon even testified for ours on all the ways it would be better than the nightmare in Robbinsville. So silly example.

And Cranbury still has beautiful farmland and scenic vistas. You must be looking in the wrong places.

And neither have a school even close to as good as ours. Just look to Monroe if you want to see what prioritizing housing gets you. Total mess.
Back to top
anon-833r
Guest





PostPosted: Mon, Nov 4 2019, 8:22 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

We preserved three character of the historic main street. That's pretty much it.
Back to top
Anon-345-8o65
Guest





PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 7:56 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

We preserved roughly 3,000 acres of farmland thanks to a our farmers and a well thought out master plan and our long term residents who backed farmland preservation. This land could have been sold by our farmers for a much higher prices to developers had we not taken this route, and we would be like every other surrounding town (ie., West Windsor, Monroe). So no, it is not just Main Street that has been preserved. We have preserved our farmland, our excellent school, and maintained a fiscally sound township budget.
Back to top
anon-03o7
Guest





PostPosted: Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:37 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

There was a collison this morning on Route 130 Southbound between Half Acre Road and Station Road. This diverted all the tractor trailers onto Maplewood Ave, Some had to back up the entire Street when they realized they could not make the turn onto Scott Ave. Others diverted trough Main St. 2 Questions, 1. Where did our Police Department think these trucks were going without any Police direction
2. Did the Master Plan consider that Tractor trailer drivers would have to navigate through these tiny streets when a detour became necessary or when they are lost due to lack of any guidance as occurred this morning.
Back to top
anon-8344
Guest





PostPosted: Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:25 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

This is terrible. I hope the master plan has a solution for the increased truck traffic in general and the intersection on 130 South end of town. The circle. There are always accidents there as well.
Back to top
anon;0qsg.6-0076
Guest





PostPosted: Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:41 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

Whenever there is an accident on Dey Road between Route 130 and Petty Road [a regular occurrence] the trucks and cars going east toward 130 have no where to go except Petty Road. You never see the traffic directed away from that area that cannot handle the giant tractor trailers. Sometimes the traffic has backed up from Plainsboro Road all the way to Dey Road and there is no police presence to direct the traffic once they get to Plainsboro Road.
Back to top
anon-2r86
Guest





PostPosted: Thu, Nov 14 2019, 5:43 am EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

If I’m not mistaken, there is a sign on maplewood Avenue before the first aid building that says No Trucks. So I’m curious what else should be done. There is a sign up all day and night and regardless if there was a crash, it still means no trucks.
Back to top
anon-45pq
Guest





PostPosted: Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:14 am EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

There is a sign on Maplewood as the other poster stated so the trucks ignored the sign and broker the law. We have 3 officers on duty during the day so having one stationed at every alternative road is not a reality.

The other supposition that all the trucks on Maplewood are from Cranbury warehouses is incorrect. There are Monroe and East Windsor warehouses going south as well off 130. The traffic on Main st was horrible too. Taking my kids to school I had to let one parent out of their driveway was they would have sat there for a long time. And Main st was all cars. The traffic in this area is just bad.

The circle is bad, but not a township road that the town can resolve. They did state numerous times that they are trying to work with the state and county on a plan and there is a plan under review. Years ago the state was ready to redo the circle, but residents came out opposed so the state walked away.
Back to top
anon-1o92
Guest





PostPosted: Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:22 am EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

My neighbor has a friend at town hall who said she overheard a conversation between Mayor Jay and the Police Chief in which Jay threatened to withhold police overtime if the detectives did not investigate all of the Ferrante’s connections to the library.
Back to top
anon-8942
Guest





PostPosted: Thu, Nov 14 2019, 7:04 am EST    Post subject: Re: Revisions to Master Plan Reexamination Report Memo Reply with quote

There is also a sign on Maplewood that says 25MPH. No one reads that either. 3 Police officers on duty is a lame excuse. Call in more when a situation arises. The traffic jam went on for hours. Who is our Police Chief now. The Halloween parade was held indoors so we did not see the annual cameo appearance from the Chief this year
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2