Congrats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-7666

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 5 2019, 10:12 pm EST    Post subject: Congrats Reply with quote

I just read on MonroeNow that Evelyn and Barbara won the TC election. Congrats to both of them. They have both spent a lot of time volunteering in town over the years. Eman and Walter ran a well done campaign and I hope they stay involved. Matt or Mike will be Mayor next year and I look forward to seeing what the TC does.
anon-po04

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 6:39 am EST    Post subject: Election Results Reply with quote

TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE

X Evelyn Spann (R) - 686
X Barbara Rogers (D) - 624
Eman El-Badawi (D) - 583
Walter Wright (R) - 544

BOARD OF EDUCATION

X Laura Hoffman - 753
X Lindsay McDowell - 731
X Pramod Chivate - 703
anon-0421

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 10:13 am EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

Good news is at least invisible didn't get everyone in.

Great news for Cranbury that Spann is in Smile
anon-p0o2

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 11:21 am EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-0421 wrote:

This poster is disgusting. I have never been as disappointed in Cranbury as I am today, we are the embarassment of NJ.

The two best candidates were Eman and Barbara. They understand this town needs to be more inclusive and welcoming. They understand that the good ol'Boy TC and the exclusivity of this town is horrible. We have million dollar homes and spend nothing on trash, or other services.

The TC and PB just dumps all over Monroe without care. Who cares that Cranbury Trucks impact residents in Monroe, not our middle aged white male TC for certain. This is wrong on many levels. We should be building homes by our neighbors and diversifying our town. We should be welcoming new residents not more warehouses. So what if the school grows a bit? It's better than trucks. Plenty of people send kids to Peddie so don't tell me PHS is so great.

This election just shows how regressive Cranbury is. Our Mayor is a Democrat, but says he doesn't endorse people publicly. That may be true, but his job is to represent his supporters who were Dems first as they got him into office. His first loyalty should be to the Dems who elected him that is not his priority. He should resign now and let Eman take his seat. Do what is right for the town for a change and the people who elected you and step down.

He should have been like Mike on Facebook stressing the importance of Eman and Barbara. Mike did not say let the residents decide. No he showed leadership and backed Eman and Barbara as the clear choice, the Dem choice and the forward thinkers.

Mike did not say, I am Switzerland residents should decide and it is not my role to endorse people. As they say, be like Mike Mr. Mayor show a back bone and do your job supporting your party. Residents are looking to you for guidance and direction or would be if you were truly a Dem not some ignorant Republican who happens to have a D after your name. Like Switzerland all he cares about is making money too. How many times does he need to raise taxes on us every single year before we wake up? My taxes continue to rise every year with nothing to show.

To go a step further his family all lives in town. Why weren't they out supporting Eman and Barbara? This is so bad for the town today. I am embarassed to say I am from Cranbury a town that belongs in the mid-west with the rest of the Trumpians.

At least Barbara got in and Mike will be Mayor so we have some hope that this town is not the cesspool it appears to be today. But, with two no votes with Jay and Evelyn I doubt we'll see a library now, so our kids will never benefit from what we should be. Any benefit to residents is likely to be fought and our community will continue to be laughed at by Robbinsville, Monroe and East Windsor who show real care, community and leadership.
anon-855n

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 12:09 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

This election was not about "Indivisible taking over town" or the "Democrats taking over town"--those are foolish ideas. Almost as foolish as the mayor encouraging "not informed" people to stay as far away from the polls as possible. Both teams of candidates ran under their party slates--Eman and Barbara as Democrats, Evelyn and Walter as Republicans. Naturally, the Cranbury Democrats campaigned for the Democratic candidates and the Cranbury Republicans campaigned for the Republican candidates. That's how campaigns work. No party, no group, or no candidates were trying to take over town. And this was certainly not a stay at home and watch TV campaign.

With that said, the smear campaign and false information spread about Eman is disgusting. All who perpetuated these lies should be ashamed of themselves, especially those who are most active on this website and around town. As a 5th generation resident of Cranbury, I have always voted for the best candidates regardless of party affiliation on the basis of their character and ideas. Objectively, Eman was the best candidate for township committee. I have come to know her over the past year and I am always impressed by her honesty, transparency, and sense of responsibility. She is one brightest minds in Cranbury and I am sorry for those who did not recognize these qualities. Not to mention, with 6 children in the Cranbury-Princeton school system, she has the biggest stake in the future of our town and will likely be a resident of Cranbury longer than any of the other candidates. Say or comment what you will, but it is a true shame that certain individuals have smeared her character over the past year.
anon-0390

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 12:18 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

Interesting perspective. When I saw the results I thought, how great that we live in a town that doesn’t just vote the party line but thinks about which candidate would best represent us. For someone claiming “we should be building homes and diversifying our town” you seem to be very exclusive in your thinking. Also, obviously, taxes have gone down, so that claim doesn’t make sense... and you want a library which would make taxes go up. I’m guessing your post was a joke?
anon-2394

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 1:20 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

This poster is disgusting. I have never been as disappointed in Cranbury as I am today, we are the embarassment of NJ.

The two best candidates were Eman and Barbara. They understand this town needs to be more inclusive and welcoming. They understand that the good ol'Boy TC and the exclusivity of this town is horrible. We have million dollar homes and spend nothing on trash, or other services.

The TC and PB just dumps all over Monroe without care. Who cares that Cranbury Trucks impact residents in Monroe, not our middle aged white male TC for certain. This is wrong on many levels. We should be building homes by our neighbors and diversifying our town. We should be welcoming new residents not more warehouses. So what if the school grows a bit? It's better than trucks. Plenty of people send kids to Peddie so don't tell me PHS is so great.

This election just shows how regressive Cranbury is. Our Mayor is a Democrat, but says he doesn't endorse people publicly. That may be true, but his job is to represent his supporters who were Dems first as they got him into office. His first loyalty should be to the Dems who elected him that is not his priority. He should resign now and let Eman take his seat. Do what is right for the town for a change and the people who elected you and step down.

He should have been like Mike on Facebook stressing the importance of Eman and Barbara. Mike did not say let the residents decide. No he showed leadership and backed Eman and Barbara as the clear choice, the Dem choice and the forward thinkers.

Mike did not say, I am Switzerland residents should decide and it is not my role to endorse people. As they say, be like Mike Mr. Mayor show a back bone and do your job supporting your party. Residents are looking to you for guidance and direction or would be if you were truly a Dem not some ignorant Republican who happens to have a D after your name. Like Switzerland all he cares about is making money too. How many times does he need to raise taxes on us every single year before we wake up? My taxes continue to rise every year with nothing to show.

To go a step further his family all lives in town. Why weren't they out supporting Eman and Barbara? This is so bad for the town today. I am embarassed to say I am from Cranbury a town that belongs in the mid-west with the rest of the Trumpians.

At least Barbara got in and Mike will be Mayor so we have some hope that this town is not the cesspool it appears to be today. But, with two no votes with Jay and Evelyn I doubt we'll see a library now, so our kids will never benefit from what we should be. Any benefit to residents is likely to be fought and our community will continue to be laughed at by Robbinsville, Monroe and East Windsor who show real care, community and leadership.

So move to one of those towns! The election showed common sense voting. Barbara and Evelyn both have the most experience on township boards and were the most qualified for the job. Period. Oh poor Monroe who knowingly built houses along Cranbury’s industrial zone now wants us to change our zoning. Boo hoo! You want the library? Put it to a referendum next year where the whole town can vote on the expense and not just the whims of the few. Trump 2020!
anon-0421

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 1:33 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

THIS POST CRACKS ME THE HECK UP. BOOOOO HOOO - YOU DIDNT GET THE PEOPLE YOUUUU WANTED IN.....BOTH SIDES GOT SOMEONE. DO YOU HEAR US COMPLAINING?? BOOO HOOOOO - ITS NOT FAIR...OH WELL ANOTHER LIBERAL TRIGGERED LMAO!!!
anon-0421

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 1:40 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-2394 wrote:
anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

So move to one of those towns! The election showed common sense voting. Barbara and Evelyn both have the most experience on township boards and were the most qualified for the job. Period. Oh poor Monroe who knowingly built houses along Cranbury’s industrial zone now wants us to change our zoning. Boo hoo! You want the library? Put it to a referendum next year where the whole town can vote on the expense and not just the whims of the few. Trump 2020!

100% AGREE!! Trump 2020.

Just cracks me up when a Dem loses they get so mad!!!

I have no idea what you invisibles crazies have again Spann - she knows what she is doing. Oh yeah, shes a Republican. OH NO. lets get triggered another republican is on the board. Sad Sad
anon-0984

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 2:35 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

Sorry Hilary It didn’t work here either.
Anon-202-qor3

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 3:34 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

Anon-p0o2’s Post is one of the most asinine comments I’ve read about a lost election. Jay had no obligation to endorse any candidate. If I was him I would find it difficult to endorse anyone in a faction of my party where they tried to unseat me like they did Jay when he ran for re-election. Further, who knows how his family voted? Does the poster know they didn’t vote for Eman and Barbara? Now it appears this poster is more concerned with Monroe than Cranbury. Sorry, but I live in Cranbury and am concerned with our fiscal wellbeing and our schools. Fiscally, this poster must live elsewhere or he/she doesn’t pay much attention to the township tax rate. Enough said.
anon-n899

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 4:51 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

CRANBURY FOR TRUMP 2020! GO HUG A TREE YOU CRYBABY!
anon-9077

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 6:08 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

I for one am very happy with the results. The town has voted, everyone needs to deal with it.

Shows there is still more of the good ol boys in this town
anon-9077

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 8:15 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

This sounds like the trouble make Holly Johnson and her clan of crazies Very Happy Embarassed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
anon-pr20

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 10:01 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

Is it just me or does this person come across as a raging lunatic? You didn't get your way so now you'll whine and complain like a child. The TOWNSPEOPLE VOTED and you lost. Boo hoo. "embarassed to say you are from Cranbury" .... "cesspool it appears to be" Wow, you're a real winner. It really sounds like you are a champion for the town. If you are so upset with the results, that your fellow citizens and neighbors voted on, why don't you do the rest of this town a favor and move out if you are that unhappy. Something tells me you won't be missed. I applaud Jay Taylor (even though I do not personally know him), as he has been an asset to this Town. He's even keeled and has a moderate sensibility that is in the best interest of this town. And if you checked your tax records, you'd realize our taxes actually went down this year. Perhaps you should direct your energies into packing up and finding a realtor. The people have voted. You lost. Move on. Or move out.
anon-2394

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 10:10 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

1st I'd like to congratulate all of the candidates who stepped up to run. It is a big commitment not only to run but to expect to win and actually do the job. I appreciate each candidate for their work. I also feel like the best candidates won, and not because I voted for the candidates that won. I don't think it has anything to do with Republicans or Democrats and more to do with who was most qualified to do the job. The fact that the race was as close as it was also means that the consensus was that all of the candidates did a good job representing the town as a whole. If there was a runaway with one or more of the candidates it would have painted a different picture. Regarding the above poster just because your preferred candidate lost doesn't make the election invalid. That is the whole problem with politics today. If you lose then everyone else is wrong. We need to move beyond feelings and concentrate on facts. There is something about Cranbury that makes it special. Don't move here for that and then try and change it. That's why we aren't East Windsor, Monroe, or Robbinsville. If you really think these other towns see us as a laughing stock then I suggest you look closer at the towns themselves and the issues they're facing. We are in much better shape and actually have a future where the soul of the town is preserved. So again, if these other towns are so great, why move here in the 1st place. Accept Cranbury for what it is and love it. Or leave it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4