Congrats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-pr20

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 10:29 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-2394 wrote:
We are in much better shape and actually have a future where the soul of the town is preserved. So again, if these other towns are so great, why move here in the 1st place. Accept Cranbury for what it is and love it. Or leave it.

Well said.
anon-833r

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 11:26 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

"Love it or leave it" has got to be one of the dumbest quotes ever.

Many really like living in Cranbury and are involved in the community to make a positive impact and improve things when there are things that need improving. Should they leave if they don't love it?

Such a stupid quote.
anon-1790

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 6 2019, 11:58 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-9077 wrote:
anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:
Good news is at least invisible didn't get everyone in.

Great news for Cranbury that Spann is in Smile

This poster is disgusting. I have never been as disappointed in Cranbury as I am today, we are the embarassment of NJ.

The two best candidates were Eman and Barbara. They understand this town needs to be more inclusive and welcoming. They understand that the good ol'Boy TC and the exclusivity of this town is horrible. We have million dollar homes and spend nothing on trash, or other services.

The TC and PB just dumps all over Monroe without care. Who cares that Cranbury Trucks impact residents in Monroe, not our middle aged white male TC for certain. This is wrong on many levels. We should be building homes by our neighbors and diversifying our town. We should be welcoming new residents not more warehouses. So what if the school grows a bit? It's better than trucks. Plenty of people send kids to Peddie so don't tell me PHS is so great.

This election just shows how regressive Cranbury is. Our Mayor is a Democrat, but says he doesn't endorse people publicly. That may be true, but his job is to represent his supporters who were Dems first as they got him into office. His first loyalty should be to the Dems who elected him that is not his priority. He should resign now and let Eman take his seat. Do what is right for the town for a change and the people who elected you and step down.

He should have been like Mike on Facebook stressing the importance of Eman and Barbara. Mike did not say let the residents decide. No he showed leadership and backed Eman and Barbara as the clear choice, the Dem choice and the forward thinkers.

Mike did not say, I am Switzerland residents should decide and it is not my role to endorse people. As they say, be like Mike Mr. Mayor show a back bone and do your job supporting your party. Residents are looking to you for guidance and direction or would be if you were truly a Dem not some ignorant Republican who happens to have a D after your name. Like Switzerland all he cares about is making money too. How many times does he need to raise taxes on us every single year before we wake up? My taxes continue to rise every year with nothing to show.

To go a step further his family all lives in town. Why weren't they out supporting Eman and Barbara? This is so bad for the town today. I am embarassed to say I am from Cranbury a town that belongs in the mid-west with the rest of the Trumpians.

At least Barbara got in and Mike will be Mayor so we have some hope that this town is not the cesspool it appears to be today. But, with two no votes with Jay and Evelyn I doubt we'll see a library now, so our kids will never benefit from what we should be. Any benefit to residents is likely to be fought and our community will continue to be laughed at by Robbinsville, Monroe and East Windsor who show real care, community and leadership.

This sounds like the trouble make Holly Johnson and her clan of crazies Very Happy Embarassed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Probably just Hell Kat Johnson at it again. Ridiculous emotional unhinged rant... What a joke!
anon-8510

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 7 2019, 10:28 am EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-0421 wrote:
anon-2394 wrote:
anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

This poster is disgusting. I have never been as disappointed in Cranbury as I am today, we are the embarassment of NJ.

The two best candidates were Eman and Barbara. They understand this town needs to be more inclusive and welcoming. They understand that the good ol'Boy TC and the exclusivity of this town is horrible. We have million dollar homes and spend nothing on trash, or other services.

The TC and PB just dumps all over Monroe without care. Who cares that Cranbury Trucks impact residents in Monroe, not our middle aged white male TC for certain. This is wrong on many levels. We should be building homes by our neighbors and diversifying our town. We should be welcoming new residents not more warehouses. So what if the school grows a bit? It's better than trucks. Plenty of people send kids to Peddie so don't tell me PHS is so great.

This election just shows how regressive Cranbury is. Our Mayor is a Democrat, but says he doesn't endorse people publicly. That may be true, but his job is to represent his supporters who were Dems first as they got him into office. His first loyalty should be to the Dems who elected him that is not his priority. He should resign now and let Eman take his seat. Do what is right for the town for a change and the people who elected you and step down.

He should have been like Mike on Facebook stressing the importance of Eman and Barbara. Mike did not say let the residents decide. No he showed leadership and backed Eman and Barbara as the clear choice, the Dem choice and the forward thinkers.

Mike did not say, I am Switzerland residents should decide and it is not my role to endorse people. As they say, be like Mike Mr. Mayor show a back bone and do your job supporting your party. Residents are looking to you for guidance and direction or would be if you were truly a Dem not some ignorant Republican who happens to have a D after your name. Like Switzerland all he cares about is making money too. How many times does he need to raise taxes on us every single year before we wake up? My taxes continue to rise every year with nothing to show.

To go a step further his family all lives in town. Why weren't they out supporting Eman and Barbara? This is so bad for the town today. I am embarassed to say I am from Cranbury a town that belongs in the mid-west with the rest of the Trumpians.

At least Barbara got in and Mike will be Mayor so we have some hope that this town is not the cesspool it appears to be today. But, with two no votes with Jay and Evelyn I doubt we'll see a library now, so our kids will never benefit from what we should be. Any benefit to residents is likely to be fought and our community will continue to be laughed at by Robbinsville, Monroe and East Windsor who show real care, community and leadership.

So move to one of those towns! The election showed common sense voting. Barbara and Evelyn both have the most experience on township boards and were the most qualified for the job. Period. Oh poor Monroe who knowingly built houses along Cranbury’s industrial zone now wants us to change our zoning. Boo hoo! You want the library? Put it to a referendum next year where the whole town can vote on the expense and not just the whims of the few. Trump 2020!

100% AGREE!! Trump 2020.

Just cracks me up when a Dem loses they get so mad!!!

I have no idea what you invisibles crazies have again Spann - she knows what she is doing. Oh yeah, shes a Republican. OH NO. lets get triggered another republican is on the board. Sad Sad

Sorry, friend. I am a Republican who supports President Trump but I disagree with you here. I've read all these posts about how we should vote for the 2 most qualified candidates regardless of party and I fully agree! That's why I voted for Barbara and Eman--two Democrats. Spann may have the experience on paper, but lacks the honesty and commitment to real service to serve on township committee. She has purely played politics as the "Cranbury representative" to the Princeton BOE and was a yes-man for Superintendent Cochrane. In fact, she really didn't fight for Cranbury at all. For example, when the Princeton BOE was deliberating pushing back the school start time from 7:50 to 8:20, Evelyn Spann did not have our backs. If any of you have kids who attend or attended Princeton High, you will know that this policy adversely affects Cranbury students. It does not result in more sleep--only sitting in Route 1 traffic before the start of a long school day and arriving home later. Where was our representative to the Princeton BOE during this matter? In lieu of that, a petition signed by hundreds was circulated around town during this time--all because Spann did not fight for us. In the end, only one member of the Princeton BOE had Cranbury's back during the vote. As a Cranbury School and Princeton High alum, this was a disappointing result to see.
anon-2394

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 7 2019, 11:19 am EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

I happen to like the later start time, so she had my back.
anon-0421

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 7 2019, 11:37 am EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-8510 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:
anon-2394 wrote:
anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

So move to one of those towns! The election showed common sense voting. Barbara and Evelyn both have the most experience on township boards and were the most qualified for the job. Period. Oh poor Monroe who knowingly built houses along Cranbury’s industrial zone now wants us to change our zoning. Boo hoo! You want the library? Put it to a referendum next year where the whole town can vote on the expense and not just the whims of the few. Trump 2020!

100% AGREE!! Trump 2020.

I have no idea what you invisibles crazies have again Spann - she knows what she is doing. Oh yeah, shes a Republican. OH NO. lets get triggered another republican is on the board. Sad Sad

Sorry, friend. I am a Republican who supports President Trump but I disagree with you here. I've read all these posts about how we should vote for the 2 most qualified candidates regardless of party and I fully agree! That's why I voted for Barbara and Eman--two Democrats. Spann may have the experience on paper, but lacks the honesty and commitment to real service to serve on township committee. She has purely played politics as the "Cranbury representative" to the Princeton BOE and was a yes-man for Superintendent Cochrane. In fact, she really didn't fight for Cranbury at all. For example, when the Princeton BOE was deliberating pushing back the school start time from 7:50 to 8:20, Evelyn Spann did not have our backs. If any of you have kids who attend or attended Princeton High, you will know that this policy adversely affects Cranbury students. It does not result in more sleep--only sitting in Route 1 traffic before the start of a long school day and arriving home later. Where was our representative to the Princeton BOE during this matter? In lieu of that, a petition signed by hundreds was circulated around town during this time--all because Spann did not fight for us. In the end, only one member of the Princeton BOE had Cranbury's back during the vote. As a Cranbury School and Princeton High alum, this was a disappointing result to see.

We no longer have kids in school so this really does not matter to us. I voted for her because I like my taxes going down or staying the same. I like what she has to offer and came to the table with. We can all agree to disagree but it appears more people in this town liked her then the others. She won!
anon-8722

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 7 2019, 2:19 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

Can't wait for Evelyn's environmental initiatives now that she became a champion on the environment basically overnight. Wonder if she will fight against increased truck traffic and air pollution.
anon-0r68

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 7 2019, 3:31 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-8722 wrote:
Can't wait for Evelyn's environmental initiatives now that she became a champion on the environment basically overnight. Wonder if she will fight against increased truck traffic and air pollution.

I am a Democrat who voted for Rogers and Spann
The other option wanted to spend millions and not pay taxes on her property

Type qualified farm
This property last sold for $750,000 on 2011-06-17. See sales information for 51 Cranbury Neck Road, as far back as 30 years.

The Deed for 51 Cranbury Neck Road is filed with the County Clerk in Book 6271 on Page 429.

This property was assessed for $900.00. The land was assessed at $900.00 and the improvements to the property were assessed at $0.00.

51 Cranbury Neck Road costs MOBIN-UDDIN, OMAR & EL-BADAWI, EMAN $76.79 annually in taxes. https://njparcels.com/property/1202/21/61/QFARM
anon-o0s8

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 7 2019, 4:00 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-0r68 wrote:
anon-8722 wrote:

Type qualified farm
This property last sold for $750,000 on 2011-06-17. See sales information for 51 Cranbury Neck Road, as far back as 30 years.

The Deed for 51 Cranbury Neck Road is filed with the County Clerk in Book 6271 on Page 429.

This property was assessed for $900.00. The land was assessed at $900.00 and the improvements to the property were assessed at $0.00.

51 Cranbury Neck Road costs MOBIN-UDDIN, OMAR & EL-BADAWI, EMAN $76.79 annually in taxes. https://njparcels.com/property/1202/21/61/QFARM

Whoa funny how that never came up at candidates night. She spent more on signs than she does on real estate taxes.
anon-0390

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 7 2019, 6:07 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-0r68 wrote:
anon-8722 wrote:

Type qualified farm

Not exactly true- that’s only the farm land assessed piece. You’re missing the house which is assessed at 1,193,000 which incurred $23,490 in taxes in 2018. Taxes are public record and easily searched.
anon-8r00

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 8 2019, 7:58 am EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-0390 wrote:
anon-0r68 wrote:
anon-8722 wrote:

Type qualified farm

Not exactly true- that’s only the farm land assessed piece. You’re missing the house which is assessed at 1,193,000 which incurred $23,490 in taxes in 2018. Taxes are public record and easily searched.

Seems like the poster who doesn't understand how our tax system works is exactly that uniformed voter that Jay didn't want at the ballot box. So many uninformed in town.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 8 2019, 9:18 am EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-8510 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:
anon-2394 wrote:
anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

100% AGREE!! Trump 2020.

This is such a silly comment. You accuse Spann of "not having our backs" because she didn't get the result you wanted despite the fact that by your own admission a campaign by "hundreds" didn't get that result either. Are you condemning yourself as well for not having your own back?

Do you think she has magic powers to make the entire elected School Board and Administration representing a different town bend to the interests of a tiny minority of their population? She isn't even given voting status on the Board. Not to mention it wasn't a great time to be a Princeton School Board member openly supporting or concerned with Cranbury. A couple incumbents lost their seats to candidates running on opposition to the sharing arrangement. I can't imagine how Princeton Township would have reacted if they were told they were scuttling this plan that was expected to improve the situation for the students of their town because their elected board wanted to accommodate the minority in Cranbury. Their heads would have exploded.

You're also on the wrong side of history on this issue in general. More and more schools are doing the late start in high school and some states have even started mandating it. In some districts with limited bussing that even meant trading having the elementary and middle school kids starting earlier so the high schools could start late, because experts and studies demonstrated it was more important for the high schools.

BTW, I have had a couple kids directly impacted by this. They take the bus to Princeton. And I was against it before it happened for exactly the reasons you state, though I never personally blamed Spann for it (because I am a rational person). That said, I was wrong. My kids have preferred it, even the ones who experienced the before and after. They still get picked up a later than they used to be and they don't mind having a little more time at school before the first period starts. They have also liked the block schedule, another thing I wasn't excited about before it happened. And surveys within the school suggest the majority of students have liked both of these changes.

I can't wait to see how worked up you get and who you blame when they execute the last of the three big changes they planned and announced years ago, when they move up the Fall start date of school a week or two.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 8 2019, 9:30 am EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-0r68 wrote:
anon-8722 wrote:

Type qualified farm

LOL, what a pathetic attempt at misinformation. According to public records, they paid $23,490 in property taxes this year for the home in addition to the $76.79 you quote. You were only off by a little, right?

You're conflating two assessments. There are many properties in Cranbury where they separately assess the home and the farmland. The latter is assessed and taxed at a much lower value, consistent with all the farmland in the town. Often the homeowners end up leasing the land to a farmer and are lucky if they break even or take a small loss versus the taxes and cost to own. In their case, they actively maintain a sheep farm themselves, which is great. Nothing wrong with that. And they certainly are paying their far share of taxes.

Next fake claim?
anon-0qqr

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 8 2019, 5:25 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

Was there any Russian intervention at the polls. Someone call Adam Shiff and Nancy Pelosi to look into this.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 12 2019, 2:01 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

What is happening here? Are you okay? I'm genuinely asking, you sound like you're really taking this personally.
anon-004s

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:49 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Congrats Reply with quote

anon-572n wrote:
anon-p0o2 wrote:
anon-0421 wrote:

What is happening here? Are you okay? I'm genuinely asking, you sound like you're really taking this personally.

Don’t mind her... that’s just ol’ Hell Kat Johnson. She’s always sounding off like stray in heat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4