June 29 - Mayor's Letter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fyi

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 29 2020, 3:34 pm EDT    Post subject: June 29 - Mayor's Letter Reply with quote

June 29 - Mayor's Letter

Greetings Cranbury!

It has been a very eventful and busy two weeks here in our town.

Let me start with the fire at Cranbury Pizza on June 19th. I was there and I have to say the speed at which Cranbury responded to help displaced residents, the Parades’ family and Denise Valdes, in their time of need was humbling. The call going out for help was answered with overwhelming speed, grace and charity. Although Cranbury Pizza is boarded up and the acrid smell of smoke is still in the air, we should all take solace in the fact that no one was injured, and that Cranbury Pizza will re-open! I was never prouder as a resident of this town and now as its mayor as I was that Friday night. Thanks and praise as always also go to the Cranbury Fire Department, Cranbury First Aid, to all the adjoining towns that sent help (eight fire departments) and to the Cranbury Police Department. I also want to give a special thanks to Laura Zurfluh, Reverend Hannah Lavaglio, Mike Ferrante and Susan Mavoides, who were all key in organizing and delivering aid. I encourage you to follow FLAG (Front Line Appreciation Group) Cranbury on Facebook for updates on what local residents and businesses are doing to help.

At our last Township Committee meeting we nominated our first seven members of the Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC). They are: Delpha Georges, Derek Hahn, Lisa Knierim, Anjan Lahri, Tamara Vostok, Pam Walker and Nancy Witt. I look forward to working with them! There were over 35 applicants who volunteered to be on the committee. We tried to select a group with skills and backgrounds that will complement one another, and residents who geographically represent different parts of Cranbury. If you applied but were not named to the charter committee, we will appreciate your input and help as we move forward. The EDAC's initial charter is to help the town seek out ways to attract and retain new businesses downtown, help those that are here to thrive and grow, and encourage our residents and visitors to get the most out of our historic downtown.

Cranbury Public Library is actively working with their landlord, the Cranbury Board of Education, to develop opening plans for the book drop and to begin curbside service. As the only public library in New Jersey located within a public school, this situation has highlighted the challenges of our unique configuration. We appreciate the Board of Education and Library management partnering to get the public library opened for our residents as quickly as possible.

I want to highlight an upcoming event and make sure that all Cranbury families with kids know that Cranbury Rec Camp is happening!

- July 10th will be the first ever Cranbury Drive-in Movie Night! Thanks to Jay Taylor and the Cranbury Recreation Department, you will be able to safely gather with your friends and neighbors at the West Property under that stars and watch Toy Story IV and the National Lampoon’s Summer Vacation. The lot will open at 6:00 PM. This event will be open to Cranbury residents only and you will need to pre-register by returning this form to Town Hall.

- Cranbury Recreation Camp will happen this year, starting July 13. Special thanks again to Tim Brennan for his dogged efforts in organizing and planning for this unique outdoor rec camp. Please see the application for further details.

As you are probably aware, we are not holding our annual July 5th fireworks this year. We hope to instead have a fireworks night in the fall.

Enjoy celebrating Independence Day with your friends and family! Stay healthy and safe!

Mayor Matt Scott

https://www.cranburytownship.org/home/news/june-29-mayors-letter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1