Mayor's Update - January 9, 2024
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fyi

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 9, 1:16 pm EST    Post subject: Mayor's Update - January 9, 2024 Reply with quote

Mayor's Update - January 9, 2024

Dear Friends and Neighbors,

I wanted to start by extending my well wishes to those community members who celebrated Three Kings Day and Orthodox Christmas this past weekend! Both these events are spiritual and festive and celebrated worldwide, as well as by residents right here in Cranbury!

Additionally, this January marks the first recognition of Muslim Heritage Month in New Jersey. Educational institutions, houses of worship and libraries all over the state have activities planned in honor. Please visit Cranbury Library where they will be highlighting books by and about Muslims throughout the month of January.

Not much time has passed since my first Mayor’s update, but last night I conducted my first full, yet brief, Township Committee meeting. As we are only a few days into the new year, many of our township boards and commissions haven’t held meetings yet, however, they are scheduled to do so in the coming days.

We are gearing up for a powerful storm that is predicted to cause significant flooding and possible power outages in some areas of NJ. Governor Murphy has declared a state of emergency starting at 5pm today. Please know that possible precautions and necessary arrangements have been made between our Office of Emergency Management, Fire Department and Department of Public Works to protect Cranbury residents and respond to emergencies in a timely manner. Cranbury School has also pushed out it’s safety guidance for the school community. Please heed all safety instructions, limit road travel after 5pm and stay tuned for updates from the school and township.

To receive updated messages from Cranbury Township Police Department, please sign up with Nixle, at nixle.com for text and email messages.

Power Outages should be reported to your local energy provider

A list of upcoming events or things to pay attention to are listed below:

January 20 (Saturday)- Free Rabies Vaccine Clinic from 1:00- 2:00 pm at the Firehouse (2 S. Main Street). Please note only dogs are permitted at this rabies clinic. To participate, please complete the registration form and return to Donna Wyckoff at dwyckoff@cranbury-nj.com.

January 25 (Thursday)- Remedies from the Kitchen presented by Food Historian, Judith Krall-Russo at Cranbury Library starting at 2:00 pm. To register click here.

January 26 & 27 (Friday& Saturday)- Princeton Jazz Festival at Princeton Highschool Performing Arts Center starting at 6:30pm. For more information click here.

January 29 (Monday)- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Cranbury Library from 1:00-6:00pm. To register click here.

Stay safe and stay warm!

Eman El-Badawi
Mayor of Cranbury Township

https://www.cranburytownship.org/home/news/mayors-update-january-9-2024
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1