Comcast Internet access problems (4/5/08)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Tech Related (PC, Internet, HDTV, etc.)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 5 2008, 12:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Comcast Internet access problems (4/5/08)? Reply with quote

My Comcast Internet access does not work well today (4/5/08 ).I could not access a few web sites I like. Do you have similar problems?

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 5 2008, 1:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Comcast Internet access problems (4/5/08)? Reply with quote

Yes, it is a problem today. It looks like some networks are down but others are still accessible. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
traveler

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 5 2008, 1:33 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Comcast Internet access problems (4/5/08)? Reply with quote

I'm also experiencing trouble gaining access to select sites. Guess I'll head over to the library to hop on their computer.

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 5 2008, 2:40 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Comcast Internet access problems (4/5/08)? Reply with quote

It seems to be ok now.

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 5 2008, 9:04 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Comcast Internet access problems (4/5/08)? Reply with quote

We had the same problem until mid-afternoon today. Some sites worked while others didn't, then those that worked would stop, etc. The same thing happened about a month ago for a few hours. As is Standard Operating Procedure, Comcast denies they are having a problem. I even had a friend who knows someone at Comcast IT call and his friend got really upset when he called and said basically let the guy know in code that the !@#$ had hit the fan while stating out loud that "everything was fine." They apparently have a culture where it is a really no-no to admit when they are having network problems.

Comcast is the nations leading provider now. And they are also the leader AGAINST net neutrality. They like to try to come up with ways of slowing or blocking peer to peer traffic or traffic from sites that don't pay them a premium for access. So its possible some of their efforts have unintended consequences on their networks and of course they can't admit that's what their doing since their lobbyists are insisting their angels to Congress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Tech Related (PC, Internet, HDTV, etc.) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1