Any news on robberies?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2008, 10:12 am EDT    Post subject: Any news on robberies? Reply with quote

Last night my husband and i were watching tv and heard banging on the front door. Some lady was at the door when we answered it and said she had the wrong house. It was so weird - then she left her car in the driveway while another car was in front of our house (white - or silver suv) and she walked down the street - got back in her car and went up a few houses. My question to everyone on here - do you call the police for something like this just because the things that are going on? Or do you let it go? We decided to let it go.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2008, 10:39 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Any news on robberies? Reply with quote

The Township's Resident Advisory on September 22 mentions a white or silver SUV.

http://www.cranbury.info/viewtopic.php?t=2899

I think I'll try to write down the license numbers of both cars (with a binocular), if possible. Since she left the car on the driveway, if you have a digital camera, take pictures of the car and the lady when she comes back to get her car. Of cause, try not to draw attention when you do that.
Jersey Dad

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2008, 11:37 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Any news on robberies? Reply with quote

The police have requested that we call them, even if we aren't sure. I have found our police officers to be very professional in how they deal with these situations- very responsive without over-reacting.
James

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2008, 12:04 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Any news on robberies? Reply with quote

JD is right. If there is ever a doubt call the police. You need to use judgement, but the worst that happens is the police show up and everything is fine. The police officers in our town would rather be called and find everything is fine, then not be called and find a burglary or something worse had occurred.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2008, 2:39 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Any news on robberies? Reply with quote

Definitely call.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2008, 3:29 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Any news on robberies? Reply with quote

You should immediately call the police, especially if they are still on your property. You should not wait until they leave. Let the police check them out, just for your peace of mind. Keeps you, your family, and the neighborhood safe.
hmm...

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2008, 3:40 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Any news on robberies? Reply with quote

it's a good idea to make sure you have the correct address when you visit your friends and relatives in Cranbury; otherwise, you might be questioned by Cranbury police!

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2008, 3:46 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Any news on robberies? Reply with quote

I think people are saying if it seems odd be safe. I live on Main St and people stop by all the time thinking I am an address on North Main when we're on South Main.

Most people who knock on my door see me and ask if this is so and so's house. If that's the case I wouldn't call the police. Now if that person left their car in my driveway, didn't mention a resident's name and walked next door to my neighbor. I'd think it is odd and might call the police.

It all comes down to actions of the individuals.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2008, 3:46 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Any news on robberies? Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies - we should have called the police but we were not sure if we made a big deal about this. It was very weird how someone can pound on your door and NOT have the right address. Very strange - we do have a big number on the house too - if it happens again or we see any suspicious activity around we will call.
Cranbury Press

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2008, 6:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Burglars try to strike again Reply with quote

Burglars try to strike again
Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:09 PM EDT
By Maria Prato-Gaines, Staff Writer

CRANBURY — Cranbury police are investigating a Plainsboro Road burglary Monday afternoon that occurred while residents were home.

Around 2:15 p.m. a U.S. Postal Service letter carrier approached the home and noticed that a side door, which appeared to have been pried open and damaged, had been left ajar, said Cranbury Police Chief Ed Kahler.

The carrier also described what he believed to be a male and female driving away in a white or silver sports utility vehicle that was parked on Plainsboro Road, Chief Kahler said.

Although the residents were inside their home at the time of the invasion, they had no knowledge of the intruders, he said.

Not knowing that the residents were home, the postal carrier quickly went to a neighboring house, where he contacted police.
It does not appear that the burglars stole any property from the home, Chief Kahler said.

This is the 15th burglary or attempted burglary that police have been out to investigate in the township since February.

Houses that have been targeted include ones on Station Road, Evans Drive, Griggs Drive, Holmes Road, Plainsboro Road, Bergen Drive and Stockton Drive.

For the majority of the cases, thieves entered through unlocked doors or windows regardless of whether a resident appeared to be home at the time. Thieves have stolen anything from tools, to computers, to pocketbooks and wallets.

Chief Kahler said he could not comment on whether the latest break-in is related to the string of burglaries.

However, he said witnesses reported that a man and woman had attempted to open a locked door on McKnight Court during a spring incident.

Police are encouraging residents who see suspicious behavior to contact the department as well as keep their doors and windows locked and lights on at their homes.

Anyone with information or questions should contact the department at 609-395-0031. To view any updates on the case log on to the department’s Web site at www.cranburytownship.org.

http://www.packetonline.com/articles/2008/09/25/cranbury_press/news/doc48dbeea548921636679517.txt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1