Roof Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bumpkin

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 14 2010, 1:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Roof Repair Reply with quote

Woke up this morning and noticed several wet spots on my master bedroom ceiling. Thankfully there was no leakage. This situation will undoubtedly require immediate attention. Can anyone recommend a competent local roofer that I can contact to have the roof/ceiling inspected? I'm scheduled to have this (and other rooms) painted in April and I'd love to have the problem corrected before then... Thank You!

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 14 2010, 2:00 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

I asked about this and John Asch came highly recommended. I spoke with him and he did a house on S. Main. He also was recommended by some contractors I spoke with.

If you do a google search he comes up under Asch Roofing.

I am giving him a call too about a leak in a bedroom that happened this past storm on a flat roof.
bumpkin

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 14 2010, 2:06 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I asked about this and John Asch came highly recommended. I spoke with him and he did a house on S. Main. He also was recommended by some contractors I spoke with.

If you do a google search he comes up under Asch Roofing.

I am giving him a call too about a leak in a bedroom that happened this past storm on a flat roof.

Thank you so much. I'll contact John this week. Good luck with your situation.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2011, 9:36 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

Where is john located? Will he be willing to drive a little ways away for roof repair? I will pay more for the right person.

Tarah

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2011, 9:40 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

I had a very bad experience with John Asch. I got a quote and signed a contract with them for a roof leak, and when they came out to do the work, I was told that the person who gave me the quote was wrong about both the materials they would use and the extent of the work to be done. They did a much smaller job using different materials than quoted, and charged me the same as the original quote. And my roof still leaked.

Avoid them.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2011, 12:01 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I had a very bad experience with John Asch. I got a quote and signed a contract with them for a roof leak, and when they came out to do the work, I was told that the person who gave me the quote was wrong about both the materials they would use and the extent of the work to be done. They did a much smaller job using different materials than quoted, and charged me the same as the original quote. And my roof still leaked.

Avoid them.

That doesn't make sense. John who is the owner is the only one who does quotes. If the crew said something different then I would have called him right away. He has done a lot of work for me and always did well by me.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2011, 12:54 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
That doesn't make sense. John who is the owner is the only one who does quotes. If the crew said something different then I would have called him right away. He has done a lot of work for me and always did well by me.

John had a "salesman" do the quote and contract. John was the one who showed up with the work crew and told me the salesman was wrong.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2011, 2:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

John had a "salesman" do the quote and contract. John was the one who showed up with the work crew and told me the salesman was wrong.

Wow. That's too bad. John has done all my roofing work and friends too as recently as last year. I would have a bad taste too then.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2011, 9:37 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

Try Banner Exteriors
Robbinsville
1888 441 0006
We had whole roof down to wood done in spring. Very happy with work. Their guys have been with company a long time.
Tell them 21 Griggs Road sent you.
Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 1:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

I used Trenton Roofing and Siding. They were the second best price and did a nice job. Stripped down to wood and new shingles in 1 day.
Buddy

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 6:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

Someone recommended Majestic Renovations. I believe the company is based in Freehold but they contract roofers from as near as Plainsboro. They claim their roofers can fix any leaks in just one visit. Anyone have any Majestic Renovation experiences they can share?

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 28 2011, 7:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

There are at least 5-6 contractors who actually live in Cranbury. What is wrong with asking one of them ? Bumpkin asked for a "local" contractor and every single post has reccomended contractors who pay taxes somewhere else.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 28 2011, 7:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
There are at least 5-6 contractors who actually live in Cranbury. What is wrong with asking one of them ? Bumpkin asked for a "local" contractor and every single post has reccomended contractors who pay taxes somewhere else.

Many contractors are not roofers. The person asked about a roof issue. I don't know any roofers in town and a contractor will hire a roofer and then add their costs as they have to make money too.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 30 2011, 7:51 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

You just don't get it.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 30 2011, 9:40 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
You just don't get it.

I'm new to this topic but what don't they "get exactly? Why should they pay more for a local contractor to sub to a roofer if they can go direct?

By the way, not all the local contractors are responsive. I tried using one a couple times and both times they I could never even get them to follow-up with the quote for the work. I would call back to ask and keep hearing they were "working on it." Finally stopped asking and never heard back. They a year later I was dumb enough to try again on another job and never even got a return phone call. I'm sure others may be better, but if you want to promote using local could you point us to where you can find a list of local contractors? Not everyone works in the trades and knows these people.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 30 2011, 12:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Roof Repair Reply with quote

There is a good roofer named Charlie Sears, out of Hightstown, mine thinkit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Home Sweet Home All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2