Stop junk prints on my driveway?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 29 2010, 9:43 am EDT    Post subject: Stop junk prints on my driveway? Reply with quote

Every Friday someone threw a plastic bag containing printed papers on my driveway. This is very annoying. How can I stop it?

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 30 2010, 12:34 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Stop junk prints on my driveway? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Every Friday someone threw a plastic bag containing printed papers on my driveway. This is very annoying. How can I stop it?

You need to hire a 4 legged printed paper helper who can be paid with brown nuggets to clean up after that inconsiderate person (it usually only costs a few handfuls, thats the normal going rate nowadays its still very cheap since they are unregistered workers. I never ask mine if he's a US citizen, he barely speaks english, understands only a few words. But beware, you may have to build a single room shelter on your property and that will raise a flag with Cranbury building inspector. Most property can only have one family here in Cranbury, so boarding a worker like this may violate some local laws. I'm not sure how it will affect parking near your home, but I would complain on this board anyway.

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 30 2010, 9:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Stop junk prints on my driveway? Reply with quote

The junks on the driveway are a security risk. When my neighbor is on vacation, these junks scatter all over his driveway, a good indication that no one is at home.

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 30 2010, 3:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Stop junk prints on my driveway? Reply with quote

Maybe a good neighbor could pick them up for him when he is away.

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 30 2010, 3:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Stop junk prints on my driveway? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Maybe a good neighbor could pick them up for him when he is away.

Right.

I think my neighbor asked someone (not me) to take care of his house. What should a neighbor do in this case?

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 30 2010, 3:47 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Stop junk prints on my driveway? Reply with quote

My neighbors and I just look out and throw this stuff away even if one of us are not away. Usually someone is bringing out a garbage can and we just grab this junk. Of course, we all live in close proximity.

If I am away and forget to stop the paper my neighbors pick it up and read it for free. Same with me when they are gone.

I don't know if the town can pass an ordinance, but it would be very hard to enforce I would think. Also, since this is a business dumping the papers I am not sure the town would be able to enact this without a challenge.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 30 2010, 8:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Stop junk prints on my driveway? Reply with quote

Shucks, I don't want to Buck in here (ha ha, that's a pun or something) but I'd put my money on Guest (not sure which one cuz they all look the same) who was suggesting the undocumented, low wage household care and security worker. My guess is that these Junks are probably quite frightening - showing up as they do in the middle of the night or at least real darned early in the morning - and so the security offered by these workers is a major added bonus. ...they might even catch the culprit depositing these Junks in driveways and demand some sort of tithe. In fact, quite often a pat on the head quiets them to the point where serious and nasty actions can occur like dropping yet more Junk!
Frank J.

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 31 2010, 7:43 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Stop junk prints on my driveway? Reply with quote

Quote:

Call the Trenton Times number on the plastic cover and threaten to cancel your subscription if they don't quit it. It's that newspaper that is calling for subscribers in the weekly, plastic- wraped throw away. Make 'em pay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1