bathroom addition/redesign?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 7 2010, 11:48 am EST    Post subject: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

We're looking to design a new master bathroom in our house -- moving it to a different place to improve the layout and reclaim the current space, so it will be like a bathroom addition but without adding to the footprint of the house. This is for the master bedroom so it will have all the amenities -- walk-in shower, separate tub, double sinks, toilet room, etc.

We're looking for recommendations for great designers and/or contractors to help. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 7 2010, 4:34 pm EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
We're looking to design a new master bathroom in our house -- moving it to a different place to improve the layout and reclaim the current space, so it will be like a bathroom addition but without adding to the footprint of the house. This is for the master bedroom so it will have all the amenities -- walk-in shower, separate tub, double sinks, toilet room, etc.

We're looking for recommendations for great designers and/or contractors to help. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks.

Try McDonald Construction, a local design/build company that has done alot of great work in town. (609-655-2288)

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 7 2010, 8:43 pm EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

I suggest you consider Pinneo Construction of Princeton. They do great work and are very reasonably priced. Their work is of the highest quality and the owner takes the utmost pride in his work. A local example of one of their projects can be found on the corner of Ancil Davidson Road (across from the Cranbury swim club), where they converted a barn into a private home. This house was on the list of homes for the recent Cranbury open house tour. You can learn more about Pinneo Construction by visiting their website at www.pinneoconstruction.com. They currently have four projects in progress in Princeton Boro.

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 7 2010, 8:46 pm EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Regarding the Pinneo Construction URL, just do a look-up on www.pinneoconstruction.com

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 8 2010, 9:02 am EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

How about someone local, like Herrs or Smith Plumbing

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 8 2010, 10:44 am EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Contact info?

Do they do full remodels?

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 8 2010, 11:16 am EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Contact info?

Do they do full remodels?

I have been using Herr's for years, they will give you an estimate.

395-0638

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 8 2010, 12:24 pm EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

CHAS L Smith Plumbing & Heating
Not Rated | Write a Review
Cranbury, NJ 08512
609-655-3133

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 8 2010, 4:24 pm EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Does Herr's and Smith design and construct new bathroom in homes or do they strictly address plumbing problems? I know for a fact that Pinneo Construction works with home owners to build new bathrooms and to remodel existing ones. I can assure you, their work is impeccable.

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 8 2010, 5:42 pm EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Does Herr's and Smith design and construct new bathroom in homes or do they strictly address plumbing problems? I know for a fact that Pinneo Construction works with home owners to build new bathrooms and to remodel existing ones. I can assure you, their work is impeccable.

I would call them and ask.....

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 8 2010, 9:35 pm EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Thanks.

If you want "GREAT" designers and contractors you are absolutely not going to get that with just a local plumber. You can't get great design and a cheap price at the same time. It just doesn't happen. It's your house, you're going to live there, so don't cheap out. And don't buy the hype of a big expensive Princeton contractor either. It pays to do your homework and interview people. You are going to live with them in your house for several months.

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 9 2010, 6:15 am EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Click on www.pinneoconstruction.com and view the fine work of Tom Pinneo under the heading Special Projects.

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 9 2010, 7:26 am EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Click on www.pinneoconstruction.com and view the fine work of Tom Pinneo under the heading Special Projects.

Why are you pushing this Pinneo guy so hard, do you get a kick back or something?? Are you related to him? You ought to be helping your neighbors by supporting local business.

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 9 2010, 8:48 am EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Why are you pushing this Pinneo guy so hard, do you get a kick back or something?? Are you related to him? You ought to be helping your neighbors by supporting local business.

This forum will pick a fight over anything.

Maybe this guy thinks Pinneo does a fine job. One of the earliest recomendations was McDonald. A local guy does great work. Then the very odd buy local plumbing recomendations started coming in. Smith and Herr are both wonderful plumbing outfits, but they are plumbers. This guy wants and entire bathroom redesign, you may want Herr or Smith as a subcontractor, but not to lead the project.

You have to decide what kind of a bathroom you want. If you like the type of bathroom you see in most of the developments in this part of the state, Toll brothers, Hovnavian, etc. hiring a contractor directly is probably the best idea. The local guys who I have seen do good work are McDonald, Kaiser, and Golisano. All of these guys have done numerous projects around town and all live in town.

If you want more of a custom design, be sure this is what you want because this type of bathroom rolls into 6 figures very quickly, you need to start with a designer/architect not the builder. I don't know these as well. There are some who specialize in only bathrooms. The local general architects I know who do good work are Schroeder, Kehrt, and Gittings. All of these guys have done good work in town and around the state.

I want to get back to the tone of this board. Some guy wants general information on a new bathroom design. This board immediately begins to fight about who is local enough for the job. Let us just give the original poster any information we have and let him decide who is best for the job.

One last thought, I believe the plumbing supply firm in Hightstown has a design staff also. I do not know them and cannot vouch for their work.

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 9 2010, 10:24 am EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thanks.

If you want "GREAT" designers and contractors you are absolutely not going to get that with just a local plumber. You can't get great design and a cheap price at the same time. It just doesn't happen. It's your house, you're going to live there, so don't cheap out. And don't buy the hype of a big expensive Princeton contractor either. It pays to do your homework and interview people. You are going to live with them in your house for several months.

With your advice in mind, do you have any recommendations? You seem to have eliminated suggested by others in this topic withut adding any alternative. It's fuie to suggest people do their own research, which is sound advice, but the point of this post was to give them a starting point with good recommedations. Otherwise they are left with the phone book or the suggestions you dismissed here.

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 9 2010, 12:32 pm EST    Post subject: Re: bathroom addition/redesign? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This forum will pick a fight over anything.

Maybe this guy thinks Pinneo does a fine job. One of the earliest recomendations was McDonald. A local guy does great work. Then the very odd buy local plumbing recomendations started coming in. Smith and Herr are both wonderful plumbing outfits, but they are plumbers. This guy wants and entire bathroom redesign, you may want Herr or Smith as a subcontractor, but not to lead the project.

You have to decide what kind of a bathroom you want. If you like the type of bathroom you see in most of the developments in this part of the state, Toll brothers, Hovnavian, etc. hiring a contractor directly is probably the best idea. The local guys who I have seen do good work are McDonald, Kaiser, and Golisano. All of these guys have done numerous projects around town and all live in town.

If you want more of a custom design, be sure this is what you want because this type of bathroom rolls into 6 figures very quickly, you need to start with a designer/architect not the builder. I don't know these as well. There are some who specialize in only bathrooms. The local general architects I know who do good work are Schroeder, Kehrt, and Gittings. All of these guys have done good work in town and around the state.

I want to get back to the tone of this board. Some guy wants general information on a new bathroom design. This board immediately begins to fight about who is local enough for the job. Let us just give the original poster any information we have and let him decide who is best for the job.

One last thought, I believe the plumbing supply firm in Hightstown has a design staff also. I do not know them and cannot vouch for their work.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Home Sweet Home All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2