Speed Limit on Cranbury Neck Road
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Blogs by Cranbury Residents
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue, May 8 2012, 7:28 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Sirens and Neon Signa. Reply with quote

Richard Moody wrote:
Bring back the sirens wrote:
Let's ban those mechanical horses driving up and down Main Street also. Only horse and buggy's should be allowed since the mechanical horses don't fit in with the historic charm of the village.

BTW, everything is against the hysterical society's rules.

Mr. Moody, please stop complaining on this board about everything. Go move to the deep woods of P.A. And start your own town. You can make it as nice as you want it and you can listen to the crickets all night long.

The complaints you continue to make just make you sound unstable.

Dear Bring back the Sirens,

There are only two topics that I've negatively voiced my opinion about on this forum - the noise polluting sirens and the inappropriate neon signs.

My other comments in the Cranbury Press and in this Forum have been extremely complimentary about beautiful Cranbury. Why would anyone in their right mind put up with the sirens, which are so outdated, and also allow neon signs to creep into our historic village? A year ago, there was only one business with a neon sign and now we have three. Where will it stop?

As to my moving to P.A., as you suggest, are you referring to the Port Authority in NYC or PA as in Pennsylvania? I'd much prefer to move to an old mining town in Colorado such as Crested Butte where the sirens were silenced many years ago with all volunteers using pagers and texts and where no neon signs are allowed. Founded in 1880, the citizens have been successful in preserving the historic nature of a delightful village and they will not allow it to be polluted with obnoxious noise and ugly signs.

I'd be delighted to discuss this further with you over a cup of coffee at Teddy's - if only you were prepared to reveal your name. My cell number is 609 651 0693.

Dear Mr. Moody,

You are absolutely right! Crested Butte in Colorado sounds like a lovely place!! Maybe you should move there where everything is just perfect!! Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!
Remember

PostPosted: Tue, May 8 2012, 7:58 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Speed Limit on Cranbury Neck Road Reply with quote

Remember the siren used to go off at noon every day. As a kid everyone knew to go home for lunch when it blew. As an adult I never wore a watch on the weekend so doing yard work I'd hear the siren and know it was lunch time.

Those to me are the quaint historic things.
publius

PostPosted: Tue, May 8 2012, 8:02 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Speed Limit on Cranbury Neck Road Reply with quote

OMG!!!
NEON!
Whats next?
Women voting???
Neon signs have been around since about the 1920s!
Thereabouts.
Richard Moody

PostPosted: Fri, May 11 2012, 10:45 am EDT    Post subject: Sirens and Neon Signs Reply with quote

ironic wrote:
really wrote:
not true wrote:
You should re-read your old letters Mr. Moody. You seemed to be on a rant insulting all sorts of things from yellow Corvette's to decorative benches as I recall.

Really, He has a bench problem too? I missed that one. I remember the Yellow Corvette screed however.

Yep, he was offended by the painted bench that used to be outside of Charmed by Claire's.

Ironically, here's his first post on this forum, where he goes on about great Cranbury is compared to terrible West Windsor where he had spent years posting complaints in its local papers and online forums:

http://www.cranbury.info/viewtopic.php?t=4190&highlight=moody

Dear Ironic,

It was good of you to post my original letter to the Cranbury Press, which someone also had posted to this Forum, as it shows everyone how much I love historic Cranbury.

My only complaints are about the noise pollution from the Sirens and the visual pollution that has crept into our beautiful historic village in the form of Neon Signs and 2 other unattractive items which are totally unsuited to a tranquil and idyllic village that is over 300 years old - and so well preserved.
Richard Moody

PostPosted: Mon, May 21 2012, 1:43 pm EDT    Post subject: Neon Signs Reply with quote

Now there are 5 businesses with neon signs on Main St - the Cranbury Inn, Knapp's Cycles, Pawz and Clawz, the Bagel deli and the new Thrift Store. Where/when will it stop?

Neon is not suitable for a historically preserved village dating back to 1697.
??

PostPosted: Mon, May 21 2012, 1:53 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Neon Signs Reply with quote

Richard Moody wrote:
Now there are 5 businesses with neon signs on Main St - the Cranbury Inn, Knapp's Cycles, Pawz and Clawz, the Bagel deli and the new Thrift Store. Where/when will it stop?

Are you sure they all have neon signs? I haven't studied every single example you mention but I've seen some of them and they appear to be liquid crystal signs, akin to what a bedside alarm clock uses. That's a totally different thing than neon.
Okay

PostPosted: Mon, May 21 2012, 1:57 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Speed Limit on Cranbury Neck Road Reply with quote

So go to a planning board meeting. Do we want to legislate what is put up inside someone's home or business?

What if I keep the shades up and the ugly light we got for our wedding present from my mother in law is visible from Main St? They didn't have lights in 1697 and I assure you the light is worse than the neon signs. And while I'd love to get rid of it I am opposed to someone demanding I do it. Or what if I win a grand prize contest and decide to put the grand prize leg lamp in my window?

Sorry, but I don't think legislating what is inside a home even if visible to the street is a good step to take.
realcranbury

PostPosted: Mon, May 21 2012, 9:13 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Speed Limit on Cranbury Neck Road Reply with quote

The sirens and neon signs have not "crept into our historic village." They have been parts of the landscape for many years. For more than 70 years the sirens have alerted neighbors to help neighbors. In the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's and possibly earlier there were signs, some of them neon advertising local business. I'm sure there are people on this forum who remember the enormous Breyers sign in front of Harold's. It was a Cranbury icon. I miss seeing it. It was a staple of my youth.
publius

PostPosted: Tue, May 22 2012, 12:55 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Neon Signs Reply with quote

Richard Moody wrote:

Thats it!
Tear out all of the wires and lets go back to burning tallow candles and whale oil.
Richard Moody seems to have a VERY apt surname.
Lambertville

PostPosted: Tue, May 29 2012, 8:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Speed Limit on Cranbury Neck Road Reply with quote

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2012/05/in_lambertville_horns_blast_ag.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Blogs by Cranbury Residents All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2