Princeton High School bus schedule on final exam days
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-011q

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 16 2014, 4:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Princeton High School bus schedule on final exam days Reply with quote

The class starts at 9:35am on each final exam day. I think the bus pickup time is really tight at 2-hour later than the normal schedule.

For example, the normal pickup time near my stop is about 7am. The pickup time at 9am on final exam days is really tight: a traffic jam on US-1 will likely cause late arrival for those on the bus.

I think 90-min delayed pickup will be much better. What do you think?
anon-sp08

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 18 2014, 12:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton High School bus schedule on final exam days Reply with quote

anon-011q wrote:
The class starts at 9:35am on each final exam day. I think the bus pickup time is really tight at 2-hour later than the normal schedule.

For example, the normal pickup time near my stop is about 7am. The pickup time at 9am on final exam days is really tight: a traffic jam on US-1 will likely cause late arrival for those on the bus.

I think 90-min delayed pickup will be much better. What do you think?
Yep, the buses are basically useless for the high school students. The school knows this but doesn't fix it. After our son missed the start of a couple finals we basically have planned well in advance of finals week to make sure he and some neighbors get rides on finals days in carpools instead of the bus. Those that took the bus instead Monday, predictably, were late to finals.

The problem is not only is the revised time too late, but they are not taking into account how much worse traffic is at 9am than at 7am. The bus can make it from our son's stop in 20 minutes or less at 7am but it took over 40 minutes at 9am because its the peek traffic time. The school either needs to hire a separate busing company for the high school kids on Friday or push up the pick-up times of the elementary and middle school kids to earlier that week to leave them enough time to get the high school kids in time. Instead, even the elementary and middle schools kids have been picked up consistently 10 minutes late this week, which sets off a chain reaction making the high school buses even later than they should be. The regular buses are notoriously unreliable as it is except on the rare occasions they get a good driver. But that never lasts more than a few months.
anon-011q

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 18 2014, 6:41 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton High School bus schedule on final exam days Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. My daughter is the first year PHS student, so this is new to me. I figured this out the hard way. Sad

Yep, I am going to drive my daughter to PHS on all the final exam days, leaving at 8:30am.

If the school knew this issue already, then this really is a shame.
anon-97on

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 18 2014, 8:48 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton High School bus schedule on final exam days Reply with quote

anon-011q wrote:
Thanks for the info. My daughter is the first year PHS student, so this is new to me. I figured this out the hard way. Sad

Yep, I am going to drive my daughter to PHS on all the final exam days, leaving at 8:30am.

If the school knew this issue already, then this really is a shame.

Oh they definitely knew it was an issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> School | Parenting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1