Blue House on North Main
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Blogs by Cranbury Residents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyBoy-sn64

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 2 2015, 9:51 am EDT    Post subject: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

Do you like my Blue House? Please let me know if you like it! If you don't care for it, let me know also, and when is your painter available to come out to change the color? (PS-at your cost)
anon-125s

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 2 2015, 5:22 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

I think it is lovely Roy! I may have gone with a light purple myself however your choice is top notch!!!
Strange town-4624

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 5 2015, 5:56 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

I think it's hideous, what were you thinking? It just says "Look at me".
anon-001s

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 6 2015, 8:21 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

RoyBoy-sn64 wrote:
Do you like my Blue House? Please let me know if you like it! If you don't care for it, let me know also, and when is your painter available to come out to change the color? (PS-at your cost)

I think your house looks very nice Roy!
anon-0588

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 7 2015, 12:06 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

anon-001s wrote:
RoyBoy-sn64 wrote:

Your post makes it sound like you chose the color purposely to annoy your neighbors. That seems kind of silly.
anon-02s7

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 7 2015, 5:46 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

anon-0588 wrote:
anon-001s wrote:
RoyBoy-sn64 wrote:

Your post makes it sound like you chose the color purposely to annoy your neighbors. That seems kind of silly.

His post doesn't make it sound that way unless you are looking for it to. It sounds like he painted his house whatever color he liked and is now frustrated that people in town can't mind their own business.
hate it!!!!!!!-9488

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 8 2015, 8:11 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

I am very surprised that the town elders allowed this to happen! This does not reflect well on the historic image of our town. This color might sit well in the Bahamas or Bermuda but sticks out like a sore thumb in our town. The homeowner should be made to change the paint color immediately to more reflect what Cranbury stands for. I think this is a mockery to us all!!!!!
anon-np42

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 8 2015, 11:32 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

hate it!!!!!!!-9488 wrote:
I am very surprised that the town elders allowed this to happen! This does not reflect well on the historic image of our town. This color might sit well in the Bahamas or Bermuda but sticks out like a sore thumb in our town. The homeowner should be made to change the paint color immediately to more reflect what Cranbury stands for. I think this is a mockery to us all!!!!!

How do you know there weren't colorful houses historically?

Most people now believe that Rome was full of classic white marble buildings in it's time. We even have tried to recreate that look in modern times based on this perception. Because that's what the surviving buildings looked over a millennia later. But that's only because all the pain had long since worn off. When they were contemporary all those marble artifacts were painted. Lots of different and bright colors. And lots of graffiti. And painted murals. Etc. Nothing at all like we imagine it now.
anon-7588

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 9 2015, 7:11 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

Look at Hightstown for accuracy. Most of our Victorian homes that are white now we're multi-color when built.
hello-7482

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 9 2015, 7:52 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

This is out of the historic district as the owner checked before he painted a beautiful blue color, oh nobody complained about the house sitting there for 5 years looking like a piece of...
anon-4pn2

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 9 2015, 8:26 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

This is just a thread started to try and get a reaction and it worked.
anon-001s

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 9 2015, 2:32 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

Leave Roy alone!! He is can paint his house whatever color he wants, and no one can do anything about it!! If you don't like it , MOVE!! The end!!
anon-0588

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 9 2015, 10:49 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

anon-0588 wrote:
anon-001s wrote:
RoyBoy-sn64 wrote:

Petty, silly and sad. I really don't care what color you paint your house, but it is annoying that you feel the need to play the victim. If you really don't care what other people think, then don't...
anon-0493

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 9 2015, 11:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

Strange town-4624 wrote:
I think it's hideous, what were you thinking? It just says "Look at me".

I agree, it's ugly. Whoever "Roy " is, might not have realized the impact of the color until the house was painted, and by then it's too late and too expensive to change. It's another example of bad taste up there on N.Main, just like the crass house that puts those screaming Christmas decorations up. BTW, to the other poster, there are no "town elders" that care about house colors. If you are thinking about the HPC committee, at this point they are a joke.
anon-46qs

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 10 2015, 1:42 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

If you want to have a say in how something looks, buy it.
anon-461q

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 10 2015, 8:54 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Blue House on North Main Reply with quote

anon-46qs wrote:
If you want to have a say in how something looks, buy it.

If you don't want people to tell you your house is ugly, don't ask them.

Your house is ugly. The color you picked is inconsiderate of your neighbors. You are not a victim. You made a choice to disregard the opinions of your neighbors. You have a right to paint your house an ugly color and your neighbors have a right to tell you they think it is ugly. Own it, or re-paint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Blogs by Cranbury Residents All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2