Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-pp98

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 30 2017, 6:21 pm EST    Post subject: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

The five-year-deal, approved by the Board of Education Nov. 14, is retroactive to July, school business administrator Nicole Petrone said Tuesday. Genco’s salary for the current school year will be $147,794, but she can earn merit pay to increase her total compensation. The amount of that bonus was not immediately available. http://www.centraljersey.com/news/the_cranbury_press/cranbury-school-chief-gets-new-five-year-deal/article_d00a35c4-d544-11e7-870b-6797caeeafe2.html
BOE-6s3o

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 2 2017, 5:13 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

Staggering amount for a K-8 Superintendent!

The official school report card & student assessment scores don't support our idyllic myths any longer.
anon-206s

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 2 2017, 5:58 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

What are you talking about. Last year we were named a Blue Ribbon school. This salary is also in line with what other administrators are paid.
Educator-p0o2

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 12 2017, 7:01 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

Schools nominate themselves.

The program has been criticized for assessment of schools coming from the school itself rather than an independent 3rd party and a nomination and assessment process that favors schools with the know-how and resources to complete the review assessment.

As far as her salary in line with other superintendents it is only those supers with 1,500 students and above.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 12 2017, 7:44 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

Educator-p0o2 wrote:
Schools nominate themselves.

The program has been criticized for assessment of schools coming from the school itself rather than an independent 3rd party and a nomination and assessment process that favors schools with the know-how and resources to complete the review assessment.

As far as her salary in line with other superintendents it is only those supers with 1,500 students and above.

We have seen numerous errors and falsehoods here. It is correct that schools no,image the,selves, but they do not award the ribbons to their school. There is a review process and to be frank the Blue Ribbon schools do go to schools that test well and have high success rates. So I do agree that it is a combination of completing the application and a review. But, no matter how well someone completes a form you still need solid educators and kids willing to learn and perform.

As to her salary, I have lived in three towns one equivalent to Cranbury and the other larger. I did see the larger school district pay almost 200k, but the other district seemed to align with Cranbury 10 years ago. I see no reason why it would not today as well.

It would be good to see your data. Looking at the APP data it seems her salary is in line with market.

Jamesburg is a lower performing district and salary is on par. . Anne Mucci Mountain lakes 1,100 kids is paid more. Mountain Lakes has a High School.
anon-p847

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 12 2017, 10:38 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

Anyone who thinks our superintendent is overpaid with her new deal is incorrect. She's does an incredible job. She is literally priceless. Her leadership is one of the main reasons our school is Blue Ribbon.

She does two jobs (principal and superintendent) for one salary. She seemingly works 70+ weeks to accomplish this. She should be making well over $200k/year.

I am excited about her new deal and only wish that I could've participated in any public comment to suggest a higher compensation.
anon-p847

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 12 2017, 10:45 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

Anyone who thinks our superintendent is overpaid with her new deal is incorrect. She's does an incredible job. She is literally priceless. Her leadership is one of the main reasons our school is Blue Ribbon.

She does two jobs (principal and superintendent) for one salary. She seemingly works 70+ weeks to accomplish this. She should be making well over $200k/year.

I am excited about her new deal and only wish that I could've participated in any public comment to suggest a higher compensation.
anon-p847

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 12 2017, 10:52 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

anon-no2q

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 13 2017, 11:46 am EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

Why did BOE end her other deal early and give her a new five year deal with Bonus? Who gets a bonus for government work? Smells fishy
anon-no2q

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 13 2017, 11:47 am EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

Why did BOE not wait for the new board members join and evaluate the administrators performance? Smells fishy
anon-4sp7

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 13 2017, 4:34 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

I do not know the answer. But I would guess contract negotiations take time and it was likely started a number of months ago. If the new BOE members were to vote they may not have the history or knowledge.

As to the question about bonus I am a big believer in incentive Comp. If given the oppprtunity I would make as many employees compensation be dependent on bonus.
NM-p0o2

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 13 2017, 5:03 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

anon-p847 wrote:

In this teeny, tiny school district how could she NOT be both principal & superintendent??? Get real.
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 13 2017, 6:38 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

NM-p0o2 wrote:
anon-p847 wrote:

In this teeny, tiny school district how could she NOT be both principal & superintendent??? Get real.

Agree, this is a job for one one individual and salary should be in line with a principal which it is.

I remember when we had no Vice Principal and the Principal Charlie Argento did both roles as did those before him. Then in 1988 or so we added a Vice Principal for the first time.
anon-pp98

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 15 2017, 9:05 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

anon-4sp7 wrote:
I do not know the answer. But I would guess contract negotiations take time and it was likely started a number of months ago. If the new BOE members were to vote they may not have the history or knowledge.

As to the question about bonus I am a big believer in incentive Comp. If given the oppprtunity I would make as many employees compensation be dependent on bonus.

Big salary and bonus is private sector not government work

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 16 2017, 3:38 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

Worth every penny.

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 16 2017, 3:39 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury School chief gets new five-year deal Reply with quote

This is just someone trolling again, trying to stir the pot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3