How rude!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-466r

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 26 2017, 6:33 am EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

Let’s be fair, it’s not all the police it’s the same 3 or 4 who hang out there for hours including the Chief and Lieutenants.👮🏻‍♀️👮🏻‍♀️👮🏻‍♀️👮🏻‍♀️
anon-4287

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 27 2017, 10:55 am EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

Curious not sure if it is true or not but if it is as the above poster makes it seem, is that bad? Coming from NYC originally we had community policing that worked very well. Our officers were part of the community, everyone knew their names and having the police presence seen was very helpful. I like the idea of that versus them sitting in their office not being seen.
anon-051q

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 27 2017, 2:42 pm EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

anon-4287 wrote:
Curious not sure if it is true or not but if it is as the above poster makes it seem, is that bad? Coming from NYC originally we had community policing that worked very well. Our officers were part of the community, everyone knew their names and having the police presence seen was very helpful. I like the idea of that versus them sitting in their office not being seen.

They should not be sitting in their office not being seen, as you say. They should be out patrolling. I have no issue with the police stopping at Teddy's for lunch. My issue is seeing the same 3 or 4 in there for hours on end.
anon-n542

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 27 2017, 3:33 pm EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

Would you rather see them in the warehouse district where the vast majority of the calls are? Maybe on route 130. Or would you rather see them in the center of town constantly interacting with residents? Teddys is community policing at its finest. I see them in David Wells, Cranbury Pizza, and on Main Street talking to residents. I see them in neighborhoods patrolling and giving out helmet coupons. I see them at National Night Out- which the officers themselves pay for.
anon-4qp3

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 27 2017, 4:05 pm EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

anon-051q wrote:
anon-4287 wrote:

They should not be sitting in their office not being seen, as you say. They should be out patrolling. I have no issue with the police stopping at Teddy's for lunch. My issue is seeing the same 3 or 4 in there for hours on end.

In order for this to be true you would also need to be at Teddy’s every day for those same 3-4 hours.

I know they go to Teddy’s but I also know from the traffic accident that occurred over the summer with the poor girl that the police have patrol duties. It was stated publicly that they have speed, patrol and other duties each hour except during break time. To spend 3-4 hours straight at Teddy’s they would be ignoring those duties which is a serious offense. If they are truly doing this and you can document it then instead of posting here I recommend you notify a TC member so they can begin an internal probe and employee review. You are making a very serious allegation which if correct is an offense that could lead to termination.

I assume in Cranbury that like other departmants they notify dispatch when doing a patrol, speed enforcement, etc... so your record is easily verified.

I doubt that you’re comments are true though as the Chief and other TC members could easily look up the stats and see.
anon-01s7

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 27 2017, 4:54 pm EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

Would you rather see them in the warehouse district where the vast majority of the calls are? Maybe on route 130. Or would you rather see them in the center of town constantly interacting with residents? Teddys is community policing at its finest. I see them in David Wells, Cranbury Pizza, and on Main Street talking to residents. I see them in neighborhoods patrolling and giving out helmet coupons. I see them at National Night Out- which the officers themselves pay for.
anon;oqs8-nnnp

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 27 2017, 9:12 pm EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

As for the efficiency of the Police force it would be great if someone could please tell my why when returning from the deli in East Windsor last week the lazy Cranbury patrol officer assigned to direct traffic on Old Cranbury road decided he didn't even need to get out of the car near Hagerty development . He actually stuck his arm out of the car to allow me to move while talking on his phone!!!!We allow these officers to use our cars and equipment at $65+ per hour and the contractor has to pay them to "direct traffic". This is a scam of the highest order and the township needs to address this. Some members of the Committee need to get out of the close association with the PD. At this time there is a group that is documenting this type of abuse in Cranbury and when it hits the media don't say they were not warned.
anon-01s7

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 28 2017, 7:33 am EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

What exactly is your point? I guess no matter what the reply is you are going to respond with some remark that tries to frame a completely benign event as if it is “outrageous!”.Either that or you will pretend to be another poster and you will attempt to side step and bring up another “egregious” issue. The side job rate is standard for police officers in this part of the state. It’s actually on low side- like the officer salaries. The town also charges on top of it to cover any costs. The officers are not actually there to direct traffic(generally). They are there to maintain a visible police presence- which does help ensure that drivers use caution when they approach a portion of roadway under construction or closed. It is it not uncommon for officers in these details to issue summons or warnings to drivers. People are more cautious when police are present- which is why many insurance companies require the road construction crews to have officers present. No it is not necessary for the officer to be out of the car unless traffic is alternating during heavy traffic. What was the result of the officer waving for you to pass by while in their car on the phone? Since you are anonymously posting your empty insinuations on this this forum I assume that you were able to safely pass and continue on your journey.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 28 2017, 8:17 am EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

Sounds to me like this is someone who got a ticket and is now upset at our PD so is trying their best to make an issue.

99% of residents are very happy with thePD the other 1% have been ticketed or feel otherwise slighted.
anon-p67o

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 29 2017, 6:00 pm EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

anon-4qp3 wrote:
anon-051q wrote:
anon-4287 wrote:

In order for this to be true you would also need to be at Teddy’s every day for those same 3-4 hours.

I know they go to Teddy’s but I also know from the traffic accident that occurred over the summer with the poor girl that the police have patrol duties. It was stated publicly that they have speed, patrol and other duties each hour except during break time. To spend 3-4 hours straight at Teddy’s they would be ignoring those duties which is a serious offense. If they are truly doing this and you can document it then instead of posting here I recommend you notify a TC member so they can begin an internal probe and employee review. You are making a very serious allegation which if correct is an offense that could lead to termination.

I assume in Cranbury that like other departmants they notify dispatch when doing a patrol, speed enforcement, etc... so your record is easily verified.

I doubt that you’re comments are true though as the Chief and other TC members could easily look up the stats and see.

You are right. 3-4 hours may have been an exaggeration. More like 2 hours. There have been many people who have brought this issue up. Not only on this site but other places as well. So let's face it, there has to be some truth to the matter. Each side is going to present arguments for, and against the time they are spending there. But the fact of the matter is, they have spent enough time in Teddy's for people to question why they are hanging out there so often.
anon-1472

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 29 2017, 6:16 pm EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

Fair enough. But unless someone talks to the TC then one has to assume they are aware and ok. I believe police get a lunch hour and a dinner or breakfast as they work 12 hour shifts.
anon-01s7

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 29 2017, 8:24 pm EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

Again what is exactly your point? The vast majority of the police calls in Cranbury are not in the residential sections of the town. They are east of route 130 in the warehouses. Would you prefer the officers have a constant presence in the warehouse district and rarely be seen in town? Because essentially that was the complaint several years ago. The officers are now integrated into the community. Some might even say “beloved.” There were even officers at midnight mass on Christmas Eve. Several years ago the officers on their own time organized a bone marrow drive for a local resident. Every day the officers in Teddys (or elsewhere) get up in the middle of their meal, coffee, or “break”(real or perceived) to answer 911 calls. This is a constant all day every day. In a small department like Cranbury, although the officers might be “guaranteed” uninterrupted breaks there just isn’t the man power to realistically take them. Even while in Teddys the officers are available answering calls. Stop trying to make an issue where there is not one.
Bull****-4p5q

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 30 2017, 5:54 am EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

Obviously you are a police officer. Why are you getting so worked up over someone speaking the truth. The residential district is more then Main Street and the estates. Truthfully when was the last time an officer sat down inside of Cranbury pizza? Stop trying to justify that nobody patrols in the rest of the town. The town consists of Main Street (Teddy’s), The estates (officer lives there), Station road(driving route to the police station from Teddy’s).
anon-01s7

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 30 2017, 7:37 am EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

The residential district is west of route 130. It is obvious that you or a family member received a ticket or was spoken to harshly and feels slighted. IMHO You are making issues where they dont exist. The cops are in Teddys. No kidding. So are most of the people in town. You claim to speak for “concerned citizens”. You bring up an issue then you misdirect when facts or opinions which don’t support your insinuations/narrative are brought up. Your argument is weak/ baseless but your agenda and bias are obvious. I see the police all the time on Old Trenton Road in and around Shadow Oaks and Cranbury Green.

In all honesty this entire thread is irrelevant.
If you are really concerned that there is actual wrongdoing come to a township commitee meeting and voice your concern in public. Present your facts. If not then continue to post accusations anonymously. See how that helps. The ball is in your court.
anon-102q

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 30 2017, 8:36 am EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

Cranbury Pizza Sucks
anon-5968

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 30 2017, 9:27 am EST    Post subject: Re: How rude! Reply with quote

I still see cops in Cranbury pizza all the time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4