First Aid Squad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-10s5

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15 2018, 10:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-8720 wrote:
anon-10s5 wrote:
anon-s071 wrote:
This is classic attack the victim behavior. It’s the lowest form of debate. Take the histrionics out of it. Residents are questioning the volunteer First Aid Squad. Because they are volunteers does not mean they are beyond reproach. If there are no issues with response times and patient care then transparency is the best approach.

The victim? What was the crime, the driver using GPS?

YOU stop with the histrionics.

That’s what everyone is saying. Transparency means data. Statistics. Not melodramatic stories from seemingly the worlds worst backseat driver.

They should release their data. Let's look at the response times over the years.

That would be helpful in determining whether we need a paid squad in town! See, now you understand me!
anon-s071

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15 2018, 11:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

Agreed. Let’s look at response times. Let’s also look at the times that no ambulance from Cranbury has responded. Like what happened with the Nikitiades baby. Perhaps the data can be requested through open public records. That way hopefully the data cannot be compromised/skewed. Let’s also hear about what measures have been implemented to ensure that these sort of things don’t happen again.

Let’s also listen to the residents who are healthcare professionals and experts.
anon-85nn

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15 2018, 11:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-s071 wrote:
Agreed. Let’s look at response times. Let’s also look at the times that no ambulance from Cranbury has responded. Like what happened with the Nikitiades baby. Perhaps the data can be requested through open public records. That way hopefully the data cannot be compromised/skewed. Let’s also hear about what measures have been implemented to ensure that these sort of things don’t happen again.

Let’s also listen to the residents who are healthcare professionals and experts.

Town has no jurisdiction. State has to oversee.
anon-s071

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 5:22 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

The town has “jurisdiction” in how EMS is provided in their municipality. They can chose to ignore it or they can chose to ensure it is run properly. The liscensing for billing purposes is regulated by the state. The organization exists to serve the town - not the opposite.
anon-10s5

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 8:16 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-s071 wrote:

What did happen with the Nikitades baby?

Nobody was available from Cranbury so I assume another ambulance was dispatched, is this correct?
anon-nn27

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 8:34 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

There were no other calls that night. It took 19 minutes for an ambulance from Monroe to arrive. By the squads admission there were 5 other calls that went unanswered by Cranbury Squad and had to go to other towns.
anon-10s5

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 8:46 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-nn27 wrote:
There were no other calls that night. It took 19 minutes for an ambulance from Monroe to arrive. By the squads admission there were 5 other calls that went unanswered by Cranbury Squad and had to go to other towns.

Is this because, as was noted in the Press, because the volunteer squad has no volunteers? I thought Wendy was quoted in the paper as saying there were no other calls that night?
anon-10s5

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 8:57 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

Excuse me, no. It was George who said there were no other calls.

But you see, this is why the town busybodies need to stay out of it. It’s too easy for rumors and stories to spread misinformation and muddy the waters.

Yes we should listen to professionals. Nobody quoted in the paper, to the best of my knowledge has any background in medicine, public health or Emergency Management.
45-6n6s

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 10:16 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

Could we focus on the facts and stop bashing wonderful people like Penny and George please? They are good kind people who serve this town too, and they don’t deserve to be treated poorly just for asking for help after medical emergencies.
anon-10s5

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 10:53 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

45-6n6s wrote:
Could we focus on the facts and stop bashing wonderful people like Penny and George please? They are good kind people who serve this town too, and they don’t deserve to be treated poorly just for asking for help after medical emergencies.

There is a marked difference between bashing someone and believing that some of their remarks were needlessly critical. There have been no personal attacks on either one. Every comment on here has been directly related to their public comments.

Contrast this with the members of the volunteer members of the first aid squad who have been called lazy, unskilled, unprofessional and downright incompetent. Have had their names and organization dragged through the mud over a broken gurney and a mistake that was not their own. (Which gets completely glossed over, the fact that 911 fumbled, not the squad.)

Words matter, I agree. But that goes both ways.
anon-s316

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 11:11 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

It's the fault of all those people living in their $800,000 homes not giving money. And the people living in town are all too lazy to volunteer.
anon-10s5

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 11:38 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-s316 wrote:
It's the fault of all those people living in their $800,000 homes not giving money. And the people living in town are all too lazy to volunteer.

Now you’re trolling again. Stop.
anon-p1r6

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 4:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

Both the Ftikas and Nikitades families have businesses of their own. I think if anyone left a review as rude and nitpicking on Yelp about their businesses as their comments to the town, I bet they wouldn’t appreciate it one bit. But they have no problem publicly trashing people. Sorry, you have the right to your opinion but nobody has to agree with you or think it’s very nice.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 5:26 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-p1r6 wrote:
Both the Ftikas and Nikitades families have businesses of their own. I think if anyone left a review as rude and nitpicking on Yelp about their businesses as their comments to the town, I bet they wouldn’t appreciate it one bit. But they have no problem publicly trashing people. Sorry, you have the right to your opinion but nobody has to agree with you or think it’s very nice.

I missed that part. Who did they publicly "trash" and when? Be specific.
anon-8441

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 5:35 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-4os8 wrote:
anon-p1r6 wrote:

Everyone who volunteers for the first aid squad? Which one made the comment “nobody wanted to get off the couch?” That is a horrible thing to say! We all agree that these days it’s hard to volunteer! It would be one thing to say “The lack of volunteers in town recently has stretched the First Aid squad too thin and for this reason we believe it would be prudent to consider implementing a full time paid EMS.” But to suggest that the very few people in town who ARE willing to donate their time and skills are just lazy and incompetent is horrid!
anon-p071

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2018, 5:48 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-8441 wrote:
anon-4os8 wrote:
anon-p1r6 wrote:

Everyone who volunteers for the first aid squad? Which one made the comment “nobody wanted to get off the couch?” That is a horrible thing to say! We all agree that these days it’s hard to volunteer! It would be one thing to say “The lack of volunteers in town recently has stretched the First Aid squad too thin and for this reason we believe it would be prudent to consider implementing a full time paid EMS.” But to suggest that the very few people in town who ARE willing to donate their time and skills are just lazy and incompetent is horrid!

Right? If everyone in town was willing to “get off the couch” once in awhile this town would be flush with volunteers and we wouldn’t have these problems.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7