Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon:oqs7-5915

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 6 2018, 8:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources Reply with quote

Today there was a telephone pole knocked down on Dey Road. The Cranbury PD blocked the entry to Dey Road from Route 130 with traffic cones to prohibit entry to Dey Road. There were two police cars there sitting with officers in their cars behind the traffic cones with the officers holding conversations for hours and doing NO traffic control. This is what happens time after time, in these situations. Is this the best use of our limited resouce? The police department sends two parol cars for a barking dog these days, for what reason I'll never understand. It seems to me the PD is milking the Country Club [their job description]atmosphere police system in Cranbury. Hows about they earn their keep and don't abuse the easy job they have in the low crime town of Cranbury.
P. S. While they were sitting there holding hands the trucks were doing 50mph on North Main street!!!
anon-r970

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 6 2018, 9:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources Reply with quote

Maybe instead of posting a negative anonymous post you contact the police department with your concerns. From what I understand the road is closed and PSE and G hires off duty officers to work. If the road is closed, what traffic direction should they be doing other than blocking the road ?

What training or equipment do you have to know that trucks are doing 50 mph ? Orndontheybjust appear to be doing 40 mph ? Maybe you should petition middlesex.cou ry to ban trucks.from main Street.
Or are you just a troll looking to get a few comments going ?
anon-r970

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 6 2018, 9:07 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources Reply with quote

Maybe instead of posting a negative anonymous post you contact the police department with your concerns. From what I understand the road is closed and PSE and G hires off duty officers to work. If the road is closed, what traffic direction should they be doing other than blocking the road ?

What training or equipment do you have to know that trucks are doing 50 mph ? Or do theyb ust appear to be doing 50 mph ? Maybe you should petition middlesex.county to ban trucks.from main Street.
Or are you just a Chazzy troll looking to get a few comments going ?
anon-0s17

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 6 2018, 9:57 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources Reply with quote

Contractors like PSE&G pay both the town and officers for these jobs so we tax payers actually make money from these jobs.

There are times there may be a downed wire and a fire truck or police officer has to be there so no one runs into it. But that is not a two officer situation usually. And if so then their job is ensuring no cars go near the wire.

How do I know? Because I asked after a snow storm when I saw an officer sitting near a downed wire.

Let’s not try and make issues simply because one does not understand protocols.

Also, if our 2,000+ residents who drive simply did the speed limit themselves it would naturally slow our roads down at most times. But I see residents flying down Main, Cranbury Neck and Old Trenton all the time.
anon;oqs7-5915

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 6 2018, 10:22 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources Reply with quote

These were not "overtime" positions and are typical of how we as taxpayers in N. J. waste tax dollars. The task could have been easily accomplished by a barricade. The traffic cones worked perfectly. There is NO need to have two officers and our vehicles wasting fuel and salary dollars to block a road by sitting in a car and not doing anything except playing on their phones and holding conversations wasting time! Hows about stopping speeders and texters on Main Street!!!
anon-np17

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 6 2018, 10:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources Reply with quote

The majority of the time, there’s only 2 cops working for the whole town. If you ask me, I think we should have more on duty at one time. It is much busier then the trolls would lead you to believe, who think only north Main Street is Cranbury.
anon-0s17

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 7 2018, 7:16 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources Reply with quote

anon;oqs7-5915 wrote:
These were not "overtime" positions and are typical of how we as taxpayers in N. J. waste tax dollars. The task could have been easily accomplished by a barricade. The traffic cones worked perfectly. There is NO need to have two officers and our vehicles wasting fuel and salary dollars to block a road by sitting in a car and not doing anything except playing on their phones and holding conversations wasting time! Hows about stopping speeders and texters on Main Street!!!

So because you say so we had no officers in any other area of the town for this entire time yesterday?

Are you an officer who knows what the law requires? Who knows for a fact this was not OT?
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 7 2018, 5:22 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources Reply with quote

Whoever started this post needs to get their eyes checked, as it was South Brunswick Pd blocking Dey road.
Thisiswhy-4p74

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 8 2018, 6:00 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/gi1dO0-Km1Y
anon-2163

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 9 2018, 1:09 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Deployment of Police Resources Reply with quote

I can't wait until we get our paid First Aid Squad! I am really looking forward to coming to this board to complain that they are wasting money and spending too much time at Teddy's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1