Election season
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-88s4

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 3 2018, 5:21 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Election season Reply with quote

Here is a question for Mike. In the article below Mr. Taylor talks about how party politics have no place at the town level and the role of the Twp committee is to be a steward for the town as he has stated numerous times before.

Mr. Mulligan stated his agreement. Mr. Ferrante who voted for the CRC (Mr Taylor did not) and argued that the town is not welcoming called Mr Taylor’s remakrsna very Cranbury Statement. The only way to take that is his disdain for the belief that we are welcoming and that progressive views should have a place in town.

I would like to see this explained.

http://www.centraljersey.com/news/committeeman-asks-residents-to-come-together-after-vote/article_76159dae-6506-11e8-9809-436cd54c3466.html
anon-8o7o

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 3 2018, 5:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Election season Reply with quote

Lest anyone not think the statement made was not a negative comment about Cranbury. The comment was made the week when everyone found out Indivisible was doing a write in campaign and campaigning for Mike to get Jay voted out in the primary. In his place they would put in two candidates that would vote on party line alone( 3 potential Tc members including Matt), support the CRC and increase spending.

So clearly the comment made by Mike is not pro Cranbury or at least needs a lot of explaining given the broader context of what was going on. I hope people ask him what he was thinking.
EZ Voting Guide-0oq3

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 4 2018, 8:04 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Election season Reply with quote

The choice is pretty simple...

The progressive agenda is more affordable housing, sanctuary cities and more paid government services with more people on the government payroll. If that is what you want, vote for Mike (and Matt and the indivisible write in candidates).

On the other hand, if you want relatively stable taxes and a commitment to keep Cranbury on a path of slow growth and limited changes, you should vote for Jay, Dan, Glenn and Wayne.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 4 2018, 9:36 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Election season Reply with quote

anon-8o7o wrote:
Lest anyone not think the statement made was not a negative comment about Cranbury.

What are you trying to say here? Taken literally, you are saying you want to avoid anyone thinking that the statement was a negative comment -- i.e. that you believe it was not a negative comment. Which might make sense if the rest of your comments didn't suggest the opposite.

Since you used "not" twice they cancel each other out (i.e. a double negative), so your statement is synonymous with "Lest anyone think the statement was a negative comment." Since "lest" means "to avoid the risk of," you are saying "To avoid the risk anyone think the statement made was a negative comment..."
anon-7666

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 4 2018, 9:48 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Election season Reply with quote

Lol. You cite a double negative on a forum where people issue a quick post. But you say nothing about the comment in question. As it appears the comment was a very condescending one about Cranbury values. That is the key point and what requires an explanation. It will be hard given the context at the time.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 7 2018, 10:19 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Election season Reply with quote

anon-4os8 wrote:
anon-8o7o wrote:
Lest anyone not think the statement made was not a negative comment about Cranbury.

What are you trying to say here? Taken literally, you are saying you want to avoid anyone thinking that the statement was a negative comment -- i.e. that you believe it was not a negative comment. Which might make sense if the rest of your comments didn't suggest the opposite.

Since you used "not" twice they cancel each other out (i.e. a double negative), so your statement is synonymous with "Lest anyone think the statement was a negative comment." Since "lest" means "to avoid the risk of," you are saying "To avoid the risk anyone think the statement made was a negative comment..."

Everyone loves a pendant.
anon-6074

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 7 2018, 6:49 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Election season Reply with quote

anon-572n wrote:
anon-4os8 wrote:
anon-8o7o wrote:

Not to be one, but I think you mean *pedant*.
I can't speak for everyone else, but pendants are all right with me!
anon-572n

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2018, 9:54 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Election season Reply with quote

anon-6074 wrote:
anon-572n wrote:
anon-4os8 wrote:
anon-8o7o wrote:

Not to be one, but I think you mean *pedant*.
I can't speak for everyone else, but pendants are all right with me!

Yes, typing on a phone, that happens. I meant pedant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3