Deliquent neighbor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fed up!

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 7 2018, 10:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

I live in Evans Tract and am completely annoyed at a neighbor who has been living for free in our neighborhood while letting his house deteriorate. He rarely mows his lawn and has had a dead tree in the front of his house for years. He is affecting all of his neighbors' prpoerty values. I know the guy has had personal problems but its been years now and this is getting ridiculous. His next door neighbor's house sat on the market for months. Does anyone know if we have any recourse? Frankly, the whole neighborhood is fed up.
anon-8396

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 7 2018, 10:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

If he is not mowing his lawn you can file a maintenance code complaint, but have to give your name. Trees are not part of the code.
Fed up!

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 7 2018, 10:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Where do we file a maintenance report? I'm sure many in the
neighborhood would be willing to sign our names.
Mess on Main Street-87q8

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 8 2018, 12:25 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

We have the same problem with our neighbor on Main Street. She is more worried about starting a civil rights commission than she is with taking care of the front of her home weeds and overgrowth everywhere.
anon-8396

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 8 2018, 5:31 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

To file a complaint you call town hall. Press zero and speak
with the Deputy clerk Jean golisano. Jean can assist you in the process.
anon-8396

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 8 2018, 5:35 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

If the house is on the corner of Evans and Brainerd, I spoke with Jay Taylor about the issue a few days ago and understand a few other residents did as well.

Jay informed me that he looked into it and the house is vacant now and owned by a bank. The health officer for the town has worked with the bank to try and get the property maintained as much as legally possible. That means they are on top of mowing, but weeds, dead trees, bushes needing trimming are not a health or maintenance code violation.

The health officer is continuing to monitor the house and chase the bank but until the bank decides to sell the property the other elements will remain unfortunately.
Freeloader23

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 9 2018, 12:14 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

The house in question as stated in a previous post(Evans Tract)is definitely NOT vacant. There is someone living there full time, if it is owned by a bank is someone allowed to live on the property full time?
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 9 2018, 7:32 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

all I know is what Mr. taylor showed me in the email from the health officer.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 9 2018, 1:46 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Fed up! wrote:
I live in Evans Tract and am completely annoyed at a neighbor who has been living for free in our neighborhood while letting his house deteriorate. He rarely mows his lawn and has had a dead tree in the front of his house for years. He is affecting all of his neighbors' prpoerty values. I know the guy has had personal problems but its been years now and this is getting ridiculous. His next door neighbor's house sat on the market for months. Does anyone know if we have any recourse? Frankly, the whole neighborhood is fed up.
Instead of complaining on this site why don't you talk to the person that lives in the house mentioned? If that doesn't work go to town hall and see what your options are.
anon-83n9

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2018, 5:45 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Instead of complaining about it why don’t you go over there and lend a hand with cleaning the property up? For a town full of Democrats you think you would help each other out.
Ye right-6n50

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2018, 6:37 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

It’s easier to come here and complain. Why should I get my hands dirty when I can complain until someone else does it for me.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2018, 9:55 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

People in the Estates have been dealing with one of these for 20 years. The town does nothing, don't waste your time.
Disgusting-102s

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2018, 10:13 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Mess on Main Street-87q8 wrote:
We have the same problem with our neighbor on Main Street. She is more worried about starting a civil rights commission than she is with taking care of the front of her home weeds and overgrowth everywhere.

This house is a disgrace to Main Street
anon-0421

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2018, 10:33 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Maybe the person on Main Street should be less worried about making a big deal about the blue line and more worried about cleaning up her front yard.
anon-648s

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 7:40 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

You are the antithesis of neighborliness, you are mean, judgmental and cruel. It is one thing to wish for someone to clean their yard but it an entirely different thing to do what you are doing on this website. You could have addressed this face to face, but chose this instead.
anon-nn27

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:21 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

The house on South Main looks like a jungle. Cutting the lawn and keeping the weeds down is a matter of pride and courtesy to your neighbors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3