Deliquent neighbor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bb-648s

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:45 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Posting on this message board is not courteous to one’s neighbors.
Fed up!

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 10:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

I am the original poster and many of you are right. I posted this in a moment of anger and frustration. I didn’t mean to upset people. That said, this situation has been going on for years. Many people have tried to help. The resident is not a little old lady who needs help with her yard. It seems the person has made a decision for whatever the reason, that they are going to let their house become an eyesore without any thought of their neighbors or the fact that it is actually effecting their pocketbooks. It’s very frustrating.This is a wonderful neighborhood. There is a mix of original owners, young families, and families who’ve been here a while longer. People have tried to help.
Still, though, I would agree that I could have done better than this. My question about where to lodge a complaint has been asked and answered. For the record...Republicans like to help each other, too. I apologize to anyone who may have been offended.
Disappointed-sp3r

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 12 2018, 8:43 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Dan mulligan owns this site, right? Can’t he control the cyber bullying on here? Or is he the one posting the remarks? Dan, if you’re reading this, it behooves you to put a stop to this. This website is an embarrassment to our town.
anon-0421

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 12 2018, 8:53 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Disappointed-sp3r wrote:
Dan mulligan owns this site, right? Can’t he control the cyber bullying on here? Or is he the one posting the remarks? Dan, if you’re reading this, it behooves you to put a stop to this. This website is an embarrassment to our town.

I think about 5% of people know about this website and go on it. Calm down and cut your grass lol.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 12 2018, 11:10 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Cyber bullying? Stating that a yard is unkempt is now what constitutes bullying? Grow up.
Definition-sp3r

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:10 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Stating a House is a disgrace and disgusting is rude and uncalled for, and is yes a kind of cyber bullying. Stating that a house has weeds is not bullying. Discussing issues in person is neighborly and posting anonymously to this board to shame someone is not.
Terrified-rqso

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Definition-sp3r wrote:
Stating a House is a disgrace and disgusting is rude and uncalled for, and is yes a kind of cyber bullying. Stating that a house has weeds is not bullying. Discussing issues in person is neighborly and posting anonymously to this board to shame someone is not.

we speak here because we are scared the only safe place to call out the mess of a home on Main Street is here anonymously because the owner will call us racist if she knows who we are she will also say our remarks about her mess of a home are a good reason for creating a civil rights commission
Guest269-4os8

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 12 2018, 3:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

I do not personally know the person on S Main St you are referring to but I know who she is. Admittedly this is speculation but I've wondered given she's an entomologist at Rutgers if this is a philosophy of wanting to let nature take its course to help bugs, bees, avoid poisonous weed killers, etc. Finding a middle ground would be ideal--I agree it could use tidying up--but if this is where she's coming from I also support her goals.
anon-2178

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 12 2018, 8:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Guest269-4os8 wrote:
I do not personally know the person on S Main St you are referring to but I know who she is. Admittedly this is speculation but I've wondered given she's an entomologist at Rutgers if this is a philosophy of wanting to let nature take its course to help bugs, bees, avoid poisonous weed killers, etc. Finding a middle ground would be ideal--I agree it could use tidying up--but if this is where she's coming from I also support her goals.

Excuseses so they can claim discrimination and tell us how we are all wrong for taking care of our property because we have pride in our town and how we are racist for questioning how bad their yard looks
anon-572n

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:28 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Definition-sp3r wrote:

No. It's a house. You cannot bully an inanimate object, as much as you would like like to make that the case, and suggesting as much does a great disservice to actual bullying. Stating that the owner of the house is disgusting and disgraceful would absolutely be bullying. Pointing out that a yard is not well kept is not.
curmudgeon-0187

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 13 2018, 7:27 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but your prejudice and general racial animus is showing. Yes, you can bully a person by associating that person to some inanimate object. Remember watermelons and our former president?? If you have an issue with your neighbor's yard, then lean over the fence and mention it in conversation. Maybe offer to help. Who knows, you may find a friend...
anon-nn27

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 9:24 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

What planet are people from? Not cutting your lawn is not courteous to your neighbors. I don’t care about blue lines, Columbus rocks, or civil rights commission. Have them, don’t have them whatever. But cut your damn lawn.
anon-0op3

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 9:37 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

curmudgeon-0187 wrote:
Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but your prejudice and general racial animus is showing. Yes, you can bully a person by associating that person to some inanimate object. Remember watermelons and our former president?? If you have an issue with your neighbor's yard, then lean over the fence and mention it in conversation. Maybe offer to help. Who knows, you may find a friend...

I am not weighing in on the house or individual. But find the above comment to be extremely racist.

Yes. I fully agree posting here, complaining about someone or their home is very wrong. One should knock on the door if inclined and ask if they need help. I had a shared front lawn and the neighbors never mowed their side. I took an extra 5 minutes and mowed it myself. They got upset, I said I mowed it because it was too high and they mowed it from then on. Probably due to embarrassment.

That said, my issue with this is associating a messy house with one’s race. One of the best houses I ever lived next to was owned by a minority. The person grew up in NYC and his elderly mother lived with them. All her life she wanted a house with a yard. They always had amazing flowers and the best lawn.

So associating race to a mess is something uncalled for and there is no defense of it. If someone’s house is a mess or well kept it is a reflection on the person themselves not their race or religion.
anon-0421

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 9:58 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

Haha - where is the cranbury civil rights group?? We are racists because we are talking about someone no cutting their lawns. I swear. No matter what you do or say anymore it always turns into racism. Grow the F up people.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 12:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

curmudgeon-0187 wrote:

Holy crap, do you even hear yourself? I don't even know the person on Main Street, that everyone is referring to! Pretty sure I know which house though, as I drive past it several times a week. Prejudice and racial animus? Watermelons?

This is about someone not maintaining their property and a house that is an eyesore. Don't get a cramp from all the mental gymnastics you must be doing to make that about race.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 1:06 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Deliquent neighbor Reply with quote

And for the record, when people said "She should cut her lawn instead of worrying about a blue line" I assumed that they were referring to the very very white woman who made the big deal about the line.

If that's not the case, I don't know where she lives either, or the state of her yard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3