Read
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reader-6s59

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 8 2019, 11:34 am EDT    Post subject: Read Reply with quote

Read a list of improprieties coming out about the library. Malfeasance, nepotism and more. Ask your TC for a copy.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 8 2019, 12:46 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

Reader-6s59 wrote:
Read a list of improprieties coming out about the library. Malfeasance, nepotism and more. Ask your TC for a copy.

A copy of what? What exactly are you saying?
anon-139r

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 8 2019, 6:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

Not to worry. The original poster, let's call him Joe, just learned a few new words and it's trying to use them in a sentence.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 12 2019, 8:38 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

Libraries will follow in the footsteps of book stores, and pay phones. They will be a thing of the past.
anon:348x-0076

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 12 2019, 1:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

The kicker is that the voices of reason aren't being heard . Now that the funding drive has bombed the Committee is now considering having the taxpayers foot the bill. The previous post says Libraries will be a thing of the past and that is correct. The taxpayers will be stuck with another bill in perpetuity. The transient "Nothing is too good for my child folks" will endorse it and then after the kids graduate and move on and then leave the rest of us with the bill for the building and continuing maintenance. Seems like another Field of Dreams deal that is a constant burden on our financial resources.
anon-r302

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 13 2019, 9:14 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

anon:348x-0076 wrote:
The kicker is that the voices of reason aren't being heard . Now that the funding drive has bombed the Committee is now considering having the taxpayers foot the bill. The previous post says Libraries will be a thing of the past and that is correct. The taxpayers will be stuck with another bill in perpetuity. The transient "Nothing is too good for my child folks" will endorse it and then after the kids graduate and move on and then leave the rest of us with the bill for the building and continuing maintenance. Seems like another Field of Dreams deal that is a constant burden on our financial resources.

Sorry but no, this is not the parents of school aged children pushing for this. Almost nobody I’ve spoken to with kids in the school thinks we need a new library, save for a few that have safety concerns about the library sharing space with the school. If you look at the folks in town who advocate the hardest for a new library, very few of them have kids in the school, it’s mostly middle aged and retired folks. The “nothing too good for my child” crowd, as you refer to them would much rather see an increase of services at the existing library. Every time I see the event board for things going on at the library it’s rarely anything that would appeal to anyone under the age of 50. Do you really think parents of elementary students want to fund a new building to host events such as “The history of quilting,” “Understanding your social security,” or “Bird Watching as a retirement hobby”? Please. Most parents of young children don’t care about the library because aside from a few hours a week of story time geared to toddlers and preschoolers the library does next to nothing for children.

Typical baby boomer nonsense, blame it on the younger generations.
anon-40r8

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 13 2019, 9:24 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

I would be in favor of a new library IF the current one was being used to capacity. My kids play sports on Saturday and not on Sunday. I’d welcome a walk to town to visit the library, but it is closed on the one day I can use it. When I get home from NYC by the time I have dinner the kids are ready for bed. So I pay for something I can rarely ever use and know I am not alone.

The new TC members being elected the last few years are all in favor of spending tax dollars on this and the old TC members that forced the private fund raising are almost all gone. Ask this question at candidates night. Will you bind for a library.
anon-8808

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

anon-40r8 wrote:
I would be in favor of a new library IF the current one was being used to capacity. My kids play sports on Saturday and not on Sunday. I’d welcome a walk to town to visit the library, but it is closed on the one day I can use it. When I get home from NYC by the time I have dinner the kids are ready for bed. So I pay for something I can rarely ever use and know I am not alone.

The new TC members being elected the last few years are all in favor of spending tax dollars on this and the old TC members that forced the private fund raising are almost all gone. Ask this question at candidates night. Will you bind for a library.

Exactly. I’m not sure who is pushing the narrative that parents are the ones lobbying for a new library but it’s just not true. Anyone in the 35-50 age demographic that has any opinion on the library in any way wonders why we should spend millions just so the Four Seasons crowd can avoid buying their own printers. It’s ridiculous. The library offers nothing for anyone older than 10 or younger than 50.
anon-8sp4

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 14 2019, 8:12 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

Physical Library buildings are outdated, Colleges do not even sell paper Textbooks, it is all on line. What should be made a priority for future Preservation of our Town is a High School. Another article on this site discusses our Governor wanting to consolidate school system that do not have a 1-12 curriculum with others. If that program is enacted our children will be bused to other communities. Cranbury needs a High School. Our current Library is a center for Medicare Seminars and a place to keep children in the after school program waiting for their parents to pick them up after work, that won't be necessary if the are bused to another community, they will be getting home at night after their parents. The current size of the Library is adequate in size for Senior meetings and the after school program. Put up a Statue to all the Library dignitaries in the High School lobby.
anon;378os-0076

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 14 2019, 8:37 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

This last post must be written by someone living under a rock. We now DO bus our children to Princeton High School. That is an excellent option that works well for us and them. In years past Greenbrook had to close their High School due to insufficient student population. They now attend Watchung High School. The last financial anchor we need around our necks is a High School.
anon-8sp4

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 14 2019, 8:49 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

When someone attempts to have an intelligent discussion on this forum, don't show your ignorance by comments like "living under a rock" Just state your case. Yes we currently bus to Princeton High School, by choice agreement, what the Governor is proposing will bus 1 to 8 and 9 to 12 to schools of the State's choice. And conversely will bus children from other communities to Cranbury. You will be told where your children will go to school, unless your Town has a 1 to 12 community. Skip your Porsche and pay for a High School.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 14 2019, 9:41 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

It sounds like what they actually want is a senior center, which is essentially what the library is 80% of the time, LOL.
anon-s316

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 14 2019, 10:49 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

anon-8sp4 wrote:
When someone attempts to have an intelligent discussion on this forum...

....they should get their head checked, because it is impossible to have an "intelligent" discussion on this anonymous board

LOL
anon-572n

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 14 2019, 11:35 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

anon-s316 wrote:
anon-8sp4 wrote:
When someone attempts to have an intelligent discussion on this forum...

....they should get their head checked, because it is impossible to have an "intelligent" discussion on this anonymous board

LOL

....but....aren't you....the one....who would mess up the formatting every time someone pointed out your lies during election season?

That was you, wasn't it? Or am I thinking of somebody else? I'm only asking because you seem to consider yourself the authority on intelligent discussion on this board, and such a connoisseur of intelligent discussion would never resort to childish tactics, right?

Troll 316, you are such a joke. LOL.
anon-8sp4

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 14 2019, 12:07 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

Anon s316 has similiar comments on other Cranbury Forum subjects, attacks on the Mayor etc. Needs help or a full time job.
Reader-0292

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 18 2019, 10:34 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Read Reply with quote

anon-572n wrote:
Reader-6s59 wrote:

A copy of what? What exactly are you saying?

Ask TC for full list-
Director Mullen violates fire code with edict that Library display case plastic interior light stay on all night to act as a ‘night light’.

Library employees process Library Foundation donation monies, municipal workers working for a private non profit.

Patron complaint of staff political conversations disappeared and not logged in to Board Minutes.

Petty cash discrepancies found by office administrator and Director not reported to Board Treasurer.

Library employees stockpile* PTO hours in excess of maximum number defined in Employee Handbook.

Full time Librarians are “forgetful” in recording PTO used on weekly schedule.

Director Mullen signs blank time sheets in advance of her absences from office on payroll week.

Board Trustee Ira Negin acts and votes on personnel issues which directly benefit his wife J. Negin who is a library employee.

Candidate Spann access and posts to Library Instagram social media site.

Library staff first to check out new materials increasing wait time for Patrons to have new materials.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3