Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-r302

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 24 2019, 6:46 pm EDT    Post subject: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

Has anybody else noticed that lately someone has a car with a very loud engine that they rev repeatedly for an extended period of time? I’ve noticed it mostly in the afternoon and evening. It’s very annoying! I assume it has to be somewhere near maplewood Avenue. Can anything be done about this? Tired of sitting down to dinner and feeling like I’m at a race track!
anon-0421

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 7:52 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

Not much you can do about it. Cars can drive by all the time and be loud. There are a few cars that drive by our house which are very loud. Its only a couple times a day, we dont let it bother us.
anon-814s

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 12:42 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

That area has a few very inconsiderate residents. Some put out their trash and junk in front of other people’s homes instead of their own days and weeks before any scheduled pickup Even trash the town will not ever pick up. So a loud engine is not surprising. The Township officials have no control and are only interested in staying on the job long enough to get their State pension.
anon-r302

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 3:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

anon-0421 wrote:
Not much you can do about it. Cars can drive by all the time and be loud. There are a few cars that drive by our house which are very loud. Its only a couple times a day, we dont let it bother us.

If this was just “a car driving by” I wouldn’t have brought it up. I’m not stupid I know there’s nothing can be done about that.

This is a car parked in one spot with an engine that is so loud it caused the windows of my house to vibrate. This is not one time occurrence, it’s happened many times. This person will start their loud car and rev the engine repeatedly for extended period of time, 25 minutes or more.

I suffer from migraines that I take medication for and the sound and vibration of this persons car feels like a jackhammer in my head. I don’t know who it is, but whoever they are is rude and inconsiderate of their neighbors. I don’t know exactly where it’s coming from but my best guess is someone near maplewood Bennett place or village park.

There used to be an ordinance against air braking on route 130, I don’t know if it was repealed or everyone ignored it because it’s not enforced but this is just as bad. If there is nothing to be done I guess I’m out of luck but that’s why I’m asking.
anon-229o

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 3:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

You are out of luck with the current, no-can-do TC. When residents come to them with issues nothing gets done. Just look at a simple mosquito control on Petty. Will cost a couple hundred bucks. Too complicated for Jay to deal with. He is so useless.
anon-r302

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 3:44 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

anon-229o wrote:
You are out of luck with the current, no-can-do TC. When residents come to them with issues nothing gets done. Just look at a simple mosquito control on Petty. Will cost a couple hundred bucks. Too complicated for Jay to deal with. He is so useless.

Please keep your partisan politics out of this. Unless Jay is the owner of the race car revving the engine I don’t see what this has to do with him.

Why does every road lead to politics with you people. I asked a simple question, if you don’t have an answer relevant to the question keep it to yourself or start your own thread.
anon-r302

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 3:54 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

anon-814s wrote:
That area has a few very inconsiderate residents. Some put out their trash and junk in front of other people’s homes instead of their own days and weeks before any scheduled pickup Even trash the town will not ever pick up. So a loud engine is not surprising. The Township officials have no control and are only interested in staying on the job long enough to get their State pension.

Yes, I feel as though this is becoming a big problem with society in general not just Cranbury. Too much “I have every right to...” and not enough concern over whether your “right to...” is inconveniencing everyone around you. I’m sure whoever this person with the loud car is will say “I can do what I want in my own property with my own car” and while I suppose that’s true it also makes you an inconsiderate trash can of a human being, knowing that you are causing physical pain to someone because you want to play vroom vroom with your stupid car.
anon-r302

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 4:00 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

For example I have every right to set up a karaoke machine in my yard and sing I Am Henry the Eighth at the top of my lungs for as long as I want as long as I turn it off by the time the town noise ordinance goes into effect. But it would still be an utterly terrible thing to subject my neighbors too.

Maybe if people had any human decency anymore the township wouldn’t need a bazillion ordinances for every little thing.
anon-5699

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 5:43 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

anon-r302 wrote:
For example I have every right to set up a karaoke machine in my yard and sing I Am Henry the Eighth at the top of my lungs for as long as I want as long as I turn it off by the time the town noise ordinance goes into effect. But it would still be an utterly terrible thing to subject my neighbors too.

Maybe if people had any human decency anymore the township wouldn’t need a bazillion ordinances for every little thing.

Do you even know who sings the song? Besides, it's I'm (not I AM) although they mean the same.
anon-8sp2

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 5:48 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

anon-5699 wrote:
anon-r302 wrote:

Do you even know who sings the song? Besides, it's I'm (not I AM) although they mean the same.

Imagine being the kind of person who admits to knowing that.
anon-r302

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

anon-8sp2 wrote:
anon-5699 wrote:
anon-r302 wrote:

Imagine being the kind of person who admits to knowing that.

LOL or the kind of person that cares enough to correct someone about it.
anon-229o

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:43 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

anon-r302 wrote:
anon-229o wrote:

Please keep your partisan politics out of this. Unless Jay is the owner of the race car revving the engine I don’t see what this has to do with him.

Why does every road lead to politics with you people. I asked a simple question, if you don’t have an answer relevant to the question keep it to yourself or start your own thread.

😂
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 26 2019, 4:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

Here’s an idea, instead of posting on this site why don’t you approach the person and talk to them?
anon-8sp2

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 26 2019, 5:56 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
Here’s an idea, instead of posting on this site why don’t you approach the person and talk to them?

Pretty sure it was made clear that they don’t know who it it.

Here’s an idea, don’t respond if you can’t be bothered to read.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 27 2019, 8:41 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

anon-8sp2 wrote:
anon-q2r7 wrote:

Pretty sure it was made clear that they don’t know who it it.

Here’s an idea, don’t respond if you can’t be bothered to read.
I have another idea for you, use spell check or proof read your comments.
anon-r5qq

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:30 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Loud engine revving on/around Maplewood Ave Reply with quote

Here’s an idea, go be with your family and stop being whiny bitches on the computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2