Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fyi

PostPosted: Fri, May 5 2023, 12:13 pm EDT    Post subject: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023

Mayor’s Weekend Update: Yard Sales, Music Festival, Clean-Up Day, Tour de Cranbury, 1713 House Colonial Fair!

This weekend will be an exciting collection of events in town, so I wanted to remind you of all the fun events planned:

Saturday, May 6 (morning) – Town-wide Yard Sales. Clean out those closets and get ready to shop for bargains at this fun annual event, rescheduled from last weekend.

Saturday, May 6 (1:00 pm to 6:00 pm) – Praise in the Park. Three local churches, along with a number of local charities (including RISE, Homefront NJ and the Be The Li9ht Foundation) and with several local businesses are bringing this family-focused and family-friendly “music festival” from 1:00 pm till 6:00 pm in Village Park. Click here for more information or for free tickets.

Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7 (7:00 am to 3:00 pm) – Clean-Up Day! Town-wide Clean-Up Day at the DPW yard on Dey Road. 7:00 am to 3:00 pm both days. Please consider the Buy Nothing Cranbury Facebook page or the Princeton Freecycle group to offer items prior to this event that might be usable or useful by neighbors to save items from the landfill.

Sunday, May 7 (9:00 am, 10:00 am, and 11:30 am) – Tour de Cranbury Biking Event. A fun biking event for three experience levels, organized by Troop 52 Eagle Scout candidate Tyler Cenci, 10-mile tour check-in starts at 8:00 a.m. (Village Park), “All-skills” level at 9:15 a.m. (Village Park), and “Trikes” ride starts at 11:30 a.m. (Millstone Park). Register Here and Choose Your Ride.

Sunday, May 7 (11:00 am – 4:00 pm) – 1713 House Colonial Fair. The Cranbury Historical & Preservation Society will sponsor the Cranbury Colonial Fair & Spring Picnic at the 1713 East Jersey Cottage site in Millstone Park. The Sons of the American Revolution and BSA Troop 52 will open the celebration with the presentation of colors. Colonial music, food vendors, Colonial games, re-enactors, demonstrations, and several local shoppes will be there! Come for the community celebration and see how far the renovation of the 1713 East Jersey Cottage has come since being moved to Millstone Park in the Fall of 2019.

I hope you’ll take part in some of these events this weekend!

Michael Ferrante, Mayor

Cranbury Township

https://www.cranburytownship.org/home/news/mayors-weekend-update-may-4-2023
anon-q03q

PostPosted: Sat, May 13 2023, 9:55 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

Once again it has to be mentioned that Gil& Bert’s is serving people way past the 9:30 cut off. What’s the problem? You have have already been notified of this and it continues. If business want to operate in a residential area they need to comply with the rules. Next offense and a official complaint will be registered with the township.
anon-37o4

PostPosted: Sun, May 14 2023, 11:26 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

Hey anon-q03q - when are going to drop the repeated anon complaints about Gil and Bert’s open past 9:30? Have you ever complained about this on TC public comment or talked to the G&B owners or are you just too spineless that you can only post on an anonymous board? I’ve always seen G&B always turn people away at that time so maybe you should get a life and find something else to complain about. And if you really want to live in residential area, you shouldn’t live on main where there are businesses… Cranbury Greene and Shadow Oaks are pretty quiet in the PM - go there…
anon-q03q

PostPosted: Mon, May 15 2023, 9:33 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

anon-37o4 wrote:
Hey anon-q03q - when are going to drop the repeated anon complaints about Gil and Bert’s open past 9:30? Have you ever complained about this on TC public comment or talked to the G&B owners or are you just too spineless that you can only post on an anonymous board? I’ve always seen G&B always turn people away at that time so maybe you should get a life and find something else to complain about. And if you really want to live in residential area, you shouldn’t live on main where there are businesses… Cranbury Greene and Shadow Oaks are pretty quiet in the PM - go there…
Ok so I see your a bit childish, however I’ll explain the situation so hopefully you can understand what I’m telling you. My husband has talked to the former owners and just got the run around. Finally they were reported to the township and fined. He has spoken to the kids working the window, but the new owners are never around. Not sure if they have passed the message on to their boss or not. How do you always them turn people away at that time? Hmmmm seems like a odd comment. Makes me think you have some association with them or you are just a plain liar. As far as living on Main Street with other businesses, we were here long before they were allowed to open this business in a former residence knowing they needed to close by 9:30pm. What don’t you get about that? We have never had any problems with any other business except this place. We and our neighbors are constantly picking up trash left by their customers in our lawns, and shrubs. However we don’t complain to the town about that since it’s the trashy customers they sometimes have and not the business fault. This post was made so hopefully we do not have to file a complaint with the township, but while speaking with the neighbors after reading your rude, childish, comment this evening we are all in agreement and this needs to stop. Lastly don’t EVER tell me where to live!
anon-470q

PostPosted: Tue, May 16 2023, 8:33 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

F-Off. Tool
anonoqs;11-2ooq

PostPosted: Tue, May 16 2023, 9:26 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

The closing time restraint as condition of approval needs to be enforced. So does the Giant Camper across the street needs to be fined as it is in violation of the zoning regulations. Seems to me a formal complaint to the zoning officer is the next best step.
anon-opr0

PostPosted: Sat, May 20 2023, 2:46 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

I've got no dog in this fight but it's a straight up lie that they turn people away after 9:30. And its ridiculous to say that if a business doesn't comply with the rules it agreed to when it opened that anyone upset should move.
anon-02r9

PostPosted: Thu, May 25 2023, 8:43 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

Every time I’ve gone there to get ice cream after 9pm, the kids that work there let the people know who is the last person for the evening so they end by 9:30. I have no association with G&B, just love their ice cream. But I agree with the other poster and cringe when I see that RV across the street, and disrespectful sign. As for the comment saying, “don’t EVER tell me where to live” - sounds like someone is a bit unhinged… (All Caps = CRAZY). Again, maybe this person shouldn’t live near a business if they can’t handle happy people eating ice cream - and hide behind anonymous message boards.
anon-n462

PostPosted: Thu, May 25 2023, 9:03 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

We all know Cranbury.info is the place to resolve issues. 😂
Signs Signs everywhe-s010

PostPosted: Fri, May 26 2023, 10:30 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

"Disrespectful Signs" are everywhere, it all depends on your perspective. They could put up a ligament "F.J.B." sign and there is nothing anyone could do about it. Same could be said for B.L.M. signs as some people disagree with their ideals. Thankfully we have the 1st Amendment to protect our freedom of expression for both sides of the isle.
Also, so if you own a house on Main St. you aren't allowed to own an RV? Let's take that one to court and see who wins after spending thousands of taxpayer money. How is it affecting your quality of life? Does it make noise at all hours of the night? Are there lights on it shining in your windows? If so different story. If not worry about your own property.
anon-p0q2

PostPosted: Fri, May 26 2023, 12:58 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

There is no code in the books that says an RV can’t be in one’s driveway. If you see it then show it.
anon-o33p

PostPosted: Sat, May 27 2023, 11:27 am EDT    Post subject: Yes - RVs are allowed in Cranbury Reply with quote

150-36:A(2)
House trailers and recreational vehicles. One unoccupied house trailer or recreational vehicle owned by the property owner shall be permitted on a lot. The trailer or vehicle shall be garaged or parked no closer to the side or rear property line than the required side or rear yard setback for the principal structure upon the lot. The trailer or vehicle shall be parked behind the face of the principal residential structure even if the structure is located behind the required front yard setback.
anon-rp13

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 1 2023, 6:29 pm EDT    Post subject: You shouldn't live in your RV Reply with quote

anon-o33p wrote:
150-36:A(2)
House trailers and recreational vehicles. One unoccupied house trailer or recreational vehicle owned by the property owner shall be permitted on a lot. The trailer or vehicle shall be garaged or parked no closer to the side or rear property line than the required side or rear yard setback for the principal structure upon the lot. The trailer or vehicle shall be parked behind the face of the principal residential structure even if the structure is located behind the required front yard setback.

If you live in it, then it's a dwelling and you should pay taxes.
anon;oqs56-32r1

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 1 2023, 11:04 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

The code as stated is correct and for some strange reason the Zoning Officer is not enforcing the code. That RV Trailer needs to be removed as it only adds to the disgraceful mess that was Cranbury Pizza that burned down and has been left to rot as an eyesore for years!!!
The committee members and Administrator need to take some action and not be so politically correct.
Really?-s010

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 2 2023, 8:23 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

This is really what you want to waste your time on? Someone owning a camper that YOU don't like? Post your address and let's all see what is wrong with your house according to "zoning" that we don't like.
anon-9648

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 8 2023, 8:21 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Mayor's Weekend Update - May 4, 2023 Reply with quote

anon;oqs56-32r1 wrote:
The code as stated is correct and for some strange reason the Zoning Officer is not enforcing the code. That RV Trailer needs to be removed as it only adds to the disgraceful mess that was Cranbury Pizza that burned down and has been left to rot as an eyesore for years!!!
The committee members and Administrator need to take some action and not be so politically correct.

#1 they are working on taking care of the old cranbury pizza but there are things that need to be done first they are waiting for. After covid construction and other things can take years. If you have a problem with just go sit with the owners I am sure they would be happy to explain what is taking so long.

#2 The RV has every right to be parked there. It is not there all the time as the family uses it.

Why let these little things bother you? I mean do you actually sit there and stare at and RV and Cranbury pizza lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2