Cranbury Public Library Foundation Fund Drive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guest1826-psor

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 19 2023, 2:13 pm EDT    Post subject: Cranbury Public Library Foundation Fund Drive Reply with quote

Just received the fund drive letter. My question is why should I give more than my taxes are already providing? I gave for the support of the new building since that was not to be at the taxpayers' expense. Now, however, I find it difficult to give more. The state mandates how much a township must provide its public library. I don't know the formula, but in 2022 the township budget for the library was $663,769 or $206 (on average) for each taxpayer. In 2023 we have already spent the budget of $715,188. It would appear to me that the library should be able to fund all expenses and programs with this amount of money. If not, I'd like to the library post its financial statements on its web site so I can be persuaded to give more.
Budget-s010

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:11 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Foundation Fund Drive Reply with quote

I believe as the Library receives tax dollars, you should be able to view the budget and expenses. I can't seem to find anything online but it should be made available if you ask. It may have to be through an O.P.R. request (although like the Township budget it really should be posted on the website).
anon;oqs33 lied to a-32r1

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:42 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Foundation Fund Drive Reply with quote

We were lied to by the promoters of the Library---Just another Ferrante Smoke and Mirrors lie. We will bear the costs of the self monument for ever and ever. They now say that" It is ONLY WITH COMMUNITY SUPPORT that we can continue to provide the most complete services and events for the community"---well that sure was not any part of the original fund raising promotions. The taxpayers were sold a bill goods that was worthless. If funds are needed I think that the big promoters of this fiasco should dig deep into their pockets and fund any of this stuff themselves. To allow this entire project to start without a vote from the community was a sham. They knew that the community would vote NO. This was just another scam by the self promoting publicity seeking few that continue to rule what once was a very nice community.
On another note the hot shots that gave the design contract to an insider failed to get a proper parking plan, The present parking plan of 22 spaces fails the criteria that would have been needed as per the Master Plan so here we got short changed again. For example take 5 spots for administration then we are only left wit 17 places for patrons and a number of those are restricted for Handicap Parking! That would never had been allowed at any other private entity.
anon-opr0

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 25 2023, 8:44 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Foundation Fund Drive Reply with quote

anon;oqs33 lied to a-32r1 wrote:
...we are only left wit 17 places for patrons and a number of those are restricted for Handicap Parking! That would never had been allowed at any other private entity.

Fortunately there's never close to that many patrons at the Library, LOL. Perhaps they knew they were spending millions for a building few would use.
anon-2455

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 29 2023, 10:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Foundation Fund Drive Reply with quote

anon-opr0 wrote:
anon;oqs33 lied to a-32r1 wrote:
...we are only left wit 17 places for patrons and a number of those are restricted for Handicap Parking! That would never had been allowed at any other private entity.

Fortunately there's never close to that many patrons at the Library, LOL. Perhaps they knew they were spending millions for a building few would use.

Good one!! Did you come with that yourself? LOL.
anon-3p9q

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 8 2023, 2:48 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Foundation Fund Drive Reply with quote

Guest1826-psor wrote:
Just received the fund drive letter. My question is why should I give more than my taxes are already providing? I gave for the support of the new building since that was not to be at the taxpayers' expense. Now, however, I find it difficult to give more. The state mandates how much a township must provide its public library. I don't know the formula, but in 2022 the township budget for the library was $663,769 or $206 (on average) for each taxpayer. In 2023 we have already spent the budget of $715,188. It would appear to me that the library should be able to fund all expenses and programs with this amount of money. If not, I'd like to the library post its financial statements on its web site so I can be persuaded to give more.

Does anyone know whether this guy Joe Buonavolonta who is running for township committee supported the building of the library and whether he is a donor to the Library Foundation. Will he participate in the township candidates' debate?
anon-p0q2

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 8 2023, 7:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Foundation Fund Drive Reply with quote

No one any pays attention to candidates night. It used to be a good event where people came in person, socialized and the actually asked good questions of candidates. Candidates actually went door to door and campaigned. Now the candidates don’t knock on doors, the candidates night is just an online event with the only people
Attending being either Women’s club members or those aligned to the candidates. And the TC race has just been either people running because there is no one else like Matt or people who are running because there is no other choice like Joe. I actually hope Joe wins because this is like his 10th time running.

As far as candidates night again, zoom is a joke. A few years ago zoom was filled with the Dem candidates fan club making comments and last year the Republicans didn’t even show. If they are serious about candidates night they need to go back in person like every other event. Otherwise just stop doing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1