Cranbury Neck Rd
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-6132

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 9 2014, 8:05 am EDT    Post subject: Cranbury Neck Rd Reply with quote

Every morning it amazes me on the way to the train. People speed where it is 25 and go under the speed limit the rest of the way.

Please go 25 until Wynwood. There are kids, pets, etc... in this area. Your speeding is a danger.

After that go 50 which is the speed limit. I have seen people continue at 25 or go 40. Cars end up passing illegally which is a danger to us all.

Thank you.
anon-97on

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 9 2014, 12:44 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Neck Rd Reply with quote

I could not agree more. People seem to make up their own rules for this road. It doesn't help that some residents got the 50MPH signs removed years ago so people are expected to magically understand that it changes at Wynnewood, or in the other direction since West Windsor slowed their portion, that it changes when you enter Plainsboro. But there is nothing more annoying than the person who drives 35 MPH all the way down the 50 MPH segment then stays at 35 MPH in the 25 MPH segment. At least be consistently overly conservative or you blow your entire moral self-justification for having gone 40% below the speed limit for miles before.

Here's the legal speed people (check with the local PD if you don't believe us):

25 MPH Main Street to Wynnewood

50 MPH from Wynnewood all the way until you cross the bridge to enter West Windsor after you pass Grovers Mill Rd

(no, it is not 40 or 45 MPH, and no it doesn't stay 25 MPH until Applegate)

Then follow the clearly marked signs (give Mercer County credit for much better signage than Middlesex on this road).
anon-q13r

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 10 2014, 11:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Neck Rd Reply with quote

Good info. I've lived here 20 years and have never been able to figure our their speed limits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1