Auditorium vs Library
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-0nqs

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 13 2018, 7:43 pm EST    Post subject: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

I’ll bet there is more people at the school tonight that go to the library in a year.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 14 2018, 12:57 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

It's almost as though different buildings serve different purposes. So weird.
anon-ps09

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 14 2018, 2:00 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

And yet we already have one library but no auditorium. Priorities.
anon-n09p

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 14 2018, 6:30 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

Get over it...
anon-572n

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 17 2018, 10:41 am EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

anon-ps09 wrote:

No auditorium? Where do you think the Winter Choral Concert took place, the tennis court? The parking lot? The school has an auditorium and a gym. I'm not even a new library supporter but the idea that the school needs a second auditorium is insane.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 17 2018, 2:27 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

anon-572n wrote:
anon-ps09 wrote:

No auditorium? Where do you think the Winter Choral Concert took place, the tennis court? The parking lot? The school has an auditorium and a gym. I'm not even a new library supporter but the idea that the school needs a second auditorium is insane.

The winter concert was in one of the school's gyms, used that way every school day. Perhaps you missed the basketball hoops.
anon-9562

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 17 2018, 2:51 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

anon-4os8 wrote:
anon-572n wrote:
anon-ps09 wrote:

The winter concert was in one of the school's gyms, used that way every school day. Perhaps you missed the basketball hoops.

And perhaps you missed the state-of-the-art sound and lighting system used in the multi-use space of the Cranbury School Auditorium. It's kind of sad that you focused on the basketball hoops and not the performers.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 18 2018, 12:51 am EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

anon-9562 wrote:
anon-4os8 wrote:
anon-572n wrote:
anon-ps09 wrote:

And perhaps you missed the state-of-the-art sound and lighting system used in the multi-use space of the Cranbury School Auditorium. It's kind of sad that you focused on the basketball hoops and not the performers.

"State-of-the-art" lighting and sound. That's a good one. You should do stand-up. So now it's a"multi-use space," so we're agreement it's not an auditorium?
anon-q2q6

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 20 2018, 9:06 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

It’s a shame that in a town that supposedly supports the arts, we don’t have an actual auditorium. I’ve never been in a middle school that did not have an auditorium. Something like 90% of the kids are in band or choir or the play or all of the above. And yet, the parents, grandparents and supporters jam themselves into a makeshift performance space where most of the people can’t see and many stand up along the sides just to be able to see the show. Why is this not a higher priority than other projects that impact far fewer people?
support is not a bui-499p

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 20 2018, 10:17 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

Just because there is no "actual" auditorium in the school doesn't mean the town doesn't support the arts. Cranbury School provides many opportunities for students interested in the arts, and those students present excellent performances using the current space. The students do this with the support of the school administration, teachers, education foundation, parents and community.
anon-0p71

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 21 2018, 8:53 am EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

support is not a bui-499p wrote:
Just because there is no "actual" auditorium in the school doesn't mean the town doesn't support the arts. Cranbury School provides many opportunities for students interested in the arts, and those students present excellent performances using the current space. The students do this with the support of the school administration, teachers, education foundation, parents and community.

“Actually” you don’t need quotation marks because there “actually” is not an auditorium.

You can “support the arts” without an auditorium, but by comparison, we demonstrate greater “support” for baseball with a new baseball field, tennis with new tennis courts, libraries with a second library facility and on an on. Combined, these special interests garner less participation from residents than band, choir and theater. And yet, we don’t have an auditorium. So yes, we “support the arts” in Cranbury, but without an auditorium, we do a comparably crummy job of it.
anon-4178

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 21 2018, 12:01 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

The library is a public fundraiser project, tennis courts are not something than be a shared space and are a fraction of the cost of an auditorium, the ball field was a pet project of a past Tc that is no longer here and did not have majority support from residents.

If a group of parents want to fundraise to build an auditorium then they should go for it. We don’t need to spend tax dollars on this.
Correct use of quote-499p

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 22 2018, 9:45 am EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

Quote:
“Actually” you don’t need quotation marks because there “actually” is not an auditorium.

Mmm. I was using quotation marks to quote the previous poster's use of the word. Is that a misuse of quotations marks?
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 22 2018, 3:52 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

anon-q2q6 wrote:
It’s a shame that in a town that supposedly supports the arts, we don’t have an actual auditorium. I’ve never been in a middle school that did not have an auditorium. Something like 90% of the kids are in band or choir or the play or all of the above. And yet, the parents, grandparents and supporters jam themselves into a makeshift performance space where most of the people can’t see and many stand up along the sides just to be able to see the show. Why is this not a higher priority than other projects that impact far fewer people?
You should of thought of that before you moved here.
anon-85s3

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 25 2018, 1:04 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

anon-q2q6 wrote:

Doesn't impact me.
Guest 38452-8o65

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 3 2019, 4:00 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Auditorium vs Library Reply with quote

Does anyone really believe that taxpayers would approve a performing arts center for elementary school age children in Cranbury? I saw my children perform in the old gym, and now I am watching my grandchildren perform there. It’s fine. It’s fun. That’s what it’s all about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1