Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-03o7

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:35 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

A Bike Network will benefit the Out of Town Bicycle clubs who come here on weekends to clog up the roadways in large groups and use the Park as a changing room into their Court Jester outfits.
anon;oqs9-0076

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:32 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

Point well made. The Bicycle Clubs that regularly take over the roads with no consideration for motorists are a problem now. Many times they take over one driving lane and sometimes two lanes and refuse to allow safe vehicular traffic flow. Their tossing of litter and drone of yelling between the large groups is anything but peaceful. I am not sure encouraging that sort of draw to Cranbury is necessary.
As for local resident use, yes it would be nice for us to have the ability to get from different parts of town to other parts of town and the children and adults would benefit.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:39 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

Here are my concerns:

1) we have high unemployment and the state is cutting aid. Is now the time to do spend all this money things that benefit just a few people?

2) Do we really want our town crowded by more bicycle clubs. Matt has stated he’s a biker which is great. But do we need that? I just don’t see a majority of the town being bikers.

3) As someone who participated in Motorcycle rides a lot of the bicycle friendly towns make it easier to ride motorcycles as it is safer. I am not sure I want to become a place where bicycle clubs and motorcycle clubs come.
anon-03o7

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:11 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

From this last comment it seems we need to enact an Ordinance, Policy, etc, that outlines the authority and responsibilities of TC members and in particular the Mayor position. Duties and authority limitations rather than the pursuit of personal agendas and personal wish lists. Rallies, structures ( i.e.Library) Bike Networks all should be Public vote. If you take the Job follow the Job description, not a personal adventure.
anon-qn09

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2020, 12:34 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

Laughably wrong on so many points. The best is your conclusion though that it's the fault of those opposed to the field that those who wanted it "gold plated it." With logic skills like that I hope you didn't go to Cranbury School or it failed you. You should listen you your own advise on not posting what you don't know.[/quote]

Yes so laughably wrong you can't name the points. Funny, I found it quite easy to point out the stuff you made up out of whole cloth. The fact you seem to know nothing of what happened in this town prior to 2000, when many of our issues date back to the 80s. The real issue is you seem to want to blame everything on party make up of the TC. This is foolish. If you asked me the worst TC members my list both Republicans and Democrats. Same as my best list. I doubt that is true with you. My advice argue your points on issues not ad hominem attacks on board members. Lastly, argue them in public meetings at the appropriate time. When you argue on this anonymously on the board we have no idea if you are serious or sitting in your parents basement with a tinfoil hat in your underwear. Probably fruit of the loom.
anon-00q5

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

A bike/pedestrian trail to better connect our town and to connect with neighboring towns would be beneficial. Many residents are walkers/joggers/runners/bikers/bladers/skaters.

*Wouldn't it be great to connect safely all the way around Cranbury?
*And to connect safely all the way to Plainsboro, Monroe & Princeton?
*Wouldn't it be great for our downtown business to attract visitors?
Yes, Yes and Yes.

Of course cost is a primary issue to consider. However, you can't figure out what it will cost until you figure out what to propose. This potential project is in the process of figuring out what to propose. Once we know what is being proposed, we can assess cost/benefit and take into consideration county and other funding sources. At that point, we will know if we've got a winning or a losing proposition.

If it turns out that a trail would cost the town a lot of money, then let's put it to a vote when we get to that point. Until then, let's be supportive of the people who are willing to invest their personal time to try to figure it out.
anon-4297

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:42 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

Years ago the cost was almost 200k to extend the sidewalk from Shadow Oaks to the then swim club. Do you really think adding bike paths down Plainsboro Rd across farmland and Down Cranbury Neck across private property and farmland is going to be cost effective?

Let alone the added noise it brings.
curious-9rrr

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2020, 3:00 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

would the bike path be at least 6 feet wide? if coronavirus is still around it would have to be at a minimum of 6 feet as I have noticed that a 4 foot wide sidewalk isn't enough because people passing on the sidewalk ends up being 1 of those people stepping out into the roadway.
anon-4297

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2020, 3:11 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

Most bike paths are at least 6’ wide in general.
anon-03o7

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

It should be 10 feet wide so large groups can pass with proper social distancing, with large seated rest areas that have snack bars where everything is free and perhaps a Ferris Wheel halfway between Cranbury and Plainsboro and a Merry Go Round at the end, All Free.
anon-7ns6

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

anon-4297 wrote:
Years ago the cost was almost 200k to extend the sidewalk from Shadow Oaks to the then swim club. Do you really think adding bike paths down Plainsboro Rd across farmland and Down Cranbury Neck across private property and farmland is going to be cost effective?

Let alone the added noise it brings.

I love how when that project was happening at the same time as they were spending a bunch of money improving Main Street it was their proof that they didn't just care about Main Street. Then when Main Street was done, the Old Trenton sidewalk project quietly disappeared with no progress. They blamed it on confusion over grants. Then the county completely repaved, restriped and widened Old Trenton even having to move utility poles and encroach on private properties, and still they couldn't be bothered with a simple sidewalk even though there's more than a lane worth of unused road on either side in many places.

There is no safe pedestrian path for many of our residents, but still we keep re-improving Main Street and now we're looking at a bike path that would largely benefit non-residents. They apparently truly don't care about many of the residents without even a basic sidewalk.

And how exactly are you going to get the width for a bike lane on Cranbury Neck? The road doesn't even have a shoulder, including over a bridge with a guardrail. You'd have to widen the bridge, move all the utility poles, move all the main boxes, replace all the cultivated landscaping that you would be destroying in people's front yards, etc.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:45 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

The sidewalk to the swim club was a federal grant. It was explained that the cost to pay the engineer to be there every day was prohibitive and that was what was required. That sidewalk project was at the same time as Main at as the TC was seeking grants to improve walking. Main Street was a state grant. In both cases there was no Twp money used for the sidewalk. The town only bought a few extra light poles (some were covered by the State grant). Sidewalks now run from S Main to Farmstead connecting shadow oaks to town.

In terms of timing the sidewalk to the swim club was won after old Trenton Rd was widened and Old Trenton rd was not a Twp project. In fact the twp opposed it.
anon-8o91

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 26 2020, 3:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

Let's spend some money and dredge the lake already. And then let's spend some money and build a bridge that should have been built 15 years ago.

How much money is the township not getting this FY sure to Corona?

Let's talk finances. It's the twp working again? I haven't seen a Covid update in weeks. The police chief gone already?
anon-02r9

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 4 2020, 4:10 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

anon;oqs9-0076 wrote:
The Bicycle Clubs that regularly take over the roads with no consideration for motorists are a problem now. Many times they take over one driving lane and sometimes two lanes and refuse to allow safe vehicular traffic flow.

I didn't know motorists felt so vulnerable in their SUVs Rolling Eyes
Get a grip, you can deal with a 1 minute slowdown on your drive.

As a cyclist I will sometimes be assertive for my own safety and take the lane so that oblivious drivers won't pass me with inches to spare.
OBLIVIOUS-9rrr

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 5 2020, 5:49 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

YOU EVER NOTICE BICYCLISTS WANT THE RESPECT AND RIGHT TO BE ON THE ROAD BUT THEY DON"T OBEY TRAFFIC LAWS WHEN THEY COME TO A TRAFFIC LIGHT THEY USUALLY CREEP UP TO THE LIGHT LOOK AND THEN GO THRU THE RED LIGHT.
anon-407o

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 5 2020, 6:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Bicycle Network Plan Virtual Meeting Reply with quote

Almost hit one today. They blew through the red on old Trenton. I don’t think they saw me coming north on Main st with the construction. But a group of about 4 bikers just went right out. I slammed on my brakes and the guy stopped at the red on Old Trenton looked at me and shrugged his shoulders and smiled at me. The last biker waived his hand as a thank you knowing they messed up.

it could have been really bad because they did not wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2